News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Voicemail Notification feature behaving unreliably

Started by VulcanTourist, September 04, 2011, 01:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyinsb

I have the same problem:  voicemail appears in Google Voice, email notification is sent,
but Obi110 (1.3.0 (Build: 2651)) never shows MessageWaiting checked.  This did work until
a month ago or thereabouts.  I can tolerate it, but my wife can not.

RonR

OBi voicemail checking is failing 100% of the time.

Obihai has been advised of the problem, but the only response so far is:

Thanks for the report. We will look into it ASAP.

-Obihai Support Team.

GeorgeObi

Hi Just checking....  I just bought OBI110 and have SP1 and SP2 connected to google voice.
My home phone is panasonic Dect 6.0  http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG6431-MUL.PDF

- I have tried to manually turn on the indicator by unchecking default and then checking the box next to Voice Services>SP1 Service>MessageWaiting and the panasonic phone starts flashing.

- Note that i i did not have to disable Auto Provisioning.  I thought i would have to as i made changes directly on the device and someone mentioned that the Web portal will overwrite these changes... maybe did not wait long enough or this part of the config on the device does not require disabling auto prov.

- Also, i noticed the device came from the manufacturer with the Default checked for the above MessageWiating switch (which is not in-line with the advice given in this thread.  Does it matter if it is checked to default as shipped or unchecked?)

- Also, note from the panasonic manual:  "You need to store the voice mail access number to activate the message alert feature for voice mail service.  "    Does this mean, if i ever get this feature to work automatically as it is supposed to, then it will only notify me on SP1 or SP2 but not both cause i can only store one VM # in the Panasonic phone?  I think not but just making sure.

RonR

Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 16, 2012, 08:19:48 PM
I have tried to manually checking the box next to Voice Services>SP1 Service>MessageWaiting
and the panasonic phone starts flashing.

This proves the OBi is capable of turning your phone's Visual Message Windows Indication on and off. 

Also, note from the panasonic manual:  "You need to store the voice mail access number to activate the message alert feature for voice mail service.  "    Does this mean, if i ever get this feature to work automatically as it is supposed to, then it will only notify me on SP1 or SP2 but not both cause i can only store one VM # in the Panasonic phone?  I think not but just making sure.

I don't believe you need to store a number in the Panasonic phone in order to work with the OBi.  Just enable MWIEnable & X_VMWIEnable on both SP1 and SP2.

GeorgeObi

Quote from: RonR on January 16, 2012, 08:47:55 PM
I have tried to manually checking the box next to Voice Services>SP1 Service>MessageWaiting
and the panasonic phone starts flashing.

This proves the OBi is capable of turning your phone's Visual Message Windows Indication on and off. 

Also, note from the panasonic manual:  "You need to store the voice mail access number to activate the message alert feature for voice mail service.  "    Does this mean, if i ever get this feature to work automatically as it is supposed to, then it will only notify me on SP1 or SP2 but not both cause i can only store one VM # in the Panasonic phone?  I think not but just making sure.

I don't believe you need to store a number in the Panasonic phone in order to work with the OBi.  Just enable MWIEnable & X_VMWIEnable on both SP1 and SP2.

Thank you.
Note that it has been more than one hour and the voicemail indicator is still not working.  I assume it is the same for everyone or is this issue just affecting some users?

RonR

Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 16, 2012, 10:04:59 PM
Note that it has been more than one hour and the voicemail indicator is still not working.  I assume it is the same for everyone or is this issue just affecting some users?

AFAIK, it's affecting everyone.

[Jan 17 00:12:44]<7> GTALKVM:Checking VM....
[Jan 17 00:12:44]<7> GTALKVM:state changed from 0 to 1
[Jan 17 00:12:44]<7> TCP:Connect OK(lhttpc)40
[Jan 17 00:12:44]<7> Trying to connect ssl
[Jan 17 00:12:45]<7> TC:ssl connected
[Jan 17 00:12:45]<7> LHC:Response OK
[Jan 17 00:12:45]<7> LHC:set Retrying:www.google.com, 1
[Jan 17 00:12:46]<7> LHC:retrying...www.google.com
[Jan 17 00:12:46]<7> TCP:Connect OK(lhttpc)41
[Jan 17 00:12:46]<7> Trying to connect ssl
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> TC:ssl connected
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> LHC:Server name not matching:accounts.google.com/MigrateCookie?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Faccounts%2FManageAccount&service=grandcentral&uberauth=APh-3FyGFZrMIqoShFb5Ig321UXnHcT-GkuyxY5Z5rZ1RFspDy2kScOyscismmveeols5UV3Khy4Yc5neRWO1z2e2YkBEAc8VfpRyrvXiJH8O8s5froXBSOp6uZnPju2gsHvTZrWnb3Qljtqm2rhm1iDiaY2I_mamLSJEE4ZDvUFWymbrbiGvtLuF-Y1rmBubfcWZHaF-JURowDkWYDTmCg8tmvDrlW5oRZ1VJTHUMcZw8s1mef73KmOQ9Qob-e9__voGOsdktU-YBxuYIix4XcwxnSuqzKhDDG4L_penrKoKzFy6nWUV2ux-KQgUvW7Ie7_psRhxjoQSSsRheipXYrhtS0Hm4Fcjg1_fYmBcrgg6dmUeKsGEGplX5ZA1Fh593u6erCrQE3viqtyxihNCTfVAyPxTmDGnazf997sSTtXkoNMopvM9S9pf7KyWtYOQYQ5mjOVcoqtMd85kdlm98zFJCizYPZt80PNfp8jM-5bZjPq6IMeDJAXvo9i-MmgZPxLJ2PMM6Z3gZSnINB4BQ__7FnLRfSfmU1i6abGZUJ8pagiNd4tae4%2C&source=lrp vs www.google.com
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> LHC:Invalid location
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> GGSVC:Invalid response
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> GTALKVM:Google login failed!
[Jan 17 00:12:47]<7> GTALKVM:state changed from 1 to 2

GeorgeObi

Thank you.  I sure hope they fix it soon by working something out with the google team.

Ostracus

Well looks like the GV voice-mail indicator worked for me. Even went off after I checked it.

GeorgeObi

Quote from: Ostracus on January 18, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
Well looks like the GV voice-mail indicator worked for me. Even went off after I checked it.

Thanks. what are the settings for the variables discussed above?  Specifically, is the message waiting indicator checcked to default?

RonR

Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 18, 2012, 03:06:08 PM
what are the settings for the variables discussed above?  Specifically, is the message waiting indicator checcked to default?

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting is technically not a setting.  It's a status indicator of whether there are currently any messages waiting, although you can force it on or off with the value checkbox followed by a reboot.

If you have Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MWIEnable checked, the OBi should uncheck the MessageWaiting Default checkbox after the next reboot so that it can display the current status.

GeorgeObi

Quote from: RonR on January 18, 2012, 04:37:09 PM
Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 18, 2012, 03:06:08 PM
what are the settings for the variables discussed above?  Specifically, is the message waiting indicator checcked to default?

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting is technically not a setting.  It's a status indicator of whether there are currently any messages waiting, although you can force it on or off with the value checkbox followed by a reboot.

If you have Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MWIEnable checked, the OBi should uncheck the MessageWaiting Default checkbox after the next reboot so that it can display the current status.

RonR - Thank you.  For some reason the MessageWaiting indicator was checked for default.  I am assuming it is like this from the factory and since GV voicemail handshake is not working since i got the OBI, it was never overwritten.  I manually uncheck the default and left myself a VM.  Still nothing which i suppose is expected until they fix the issue.  I am not sure how user Ostracus is reporting that the indicator is working for him...  I thought the issue is affecting everyone.

RonR

Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 18, 2012, 11:00:18 PM
For some reason the MessageWaiting indicator was checked for default.  I am assuming it is like this from the factory and since GV voicemail handshake is not working since i got the OBI, it was never overwritten.  I manually uncheck the default and left myself a VM.  Still nothing which i suppose is expected until they fix the issue.  I am not sure how user Ostracus is reporting that the indicator is working for him...  I thought the issue is affecting everyone.

It's working for me intermittently/erratically.  The OBi is talking many retries to make a successful VM check and sometimes waits more than an hour to try again after a failure.

You should have:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked + Default unchecked)

If the OBi determines there are unread messages, it should check MessageWaiting and signal the phone to set its indicator.  When there are no unread messages, it should uncheck MessageWaiting and signal the phone to clear its indicator.

GeorgeObi

Quote from: RonR on January 18, 2012, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: GeorgeObi on January 18, 2012, 11:00:18 PM
For some reason the MessageWaiting indicator was checked for default.  I am assuming it is like this from the factory and since GV voicemail handshake is not working since i got the OBI, it was never overwritten.  I manually uncheck the default and left myself a VM.  Still nothing which i suppose is expected until they fix the issue.  I am not sure how user Ostracus is reporting that the indicator is working for him...  I thought the issue is affecting everyone.

It's working for me intermittently/erratically.  The OBi is talking many retries to make a successful VM check and sometimes waits more than an hour to try again after a failure.

You should have:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked + Default unchecked)

If the OBi determines there are unread messages, it should check MessageWaiting and signal the phone to set its indicator.  When there are no unread messages, it should uncheck MessageWaiting and signal the phone to clear its indicator.

Now, i have the exact settings as you described.  It has been 2+ hrs and my panasonic does not show the VM indicator.  so no signs of life here :(

Ostracus

Well tried the same thing last night and it worked. Maybe people are GeoIPed to different servers, some having the issue, some not?

Ostracus

2012-01-20 12:16:37 Kernel.Debug 192.168.1.136 GTALKVM:Check VM Succ

There's more but the forum will not allow me to post the entire log.

asd108b

Mine was not working for the past month on the phone with both options (MWI enable & VMWI enabled checked).  I have panasonic phones.  I tried a lot of things recommended on this thread and nothing worked

I noticed a firmware update had been posted to OBItalk yesterday and after updating the firmware the voicemail notification now works

Andy 

lhm.