News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can Collect Calls be Accepted on the OBi110/GV?

Started by otherwhirl, January 31, 2012, 09:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherwhirl

I was just curious to know if it was possible and /or if anyone knew of a cheap option?

Thanks!

Rick

Quote from: otherwhirl on January 31, 2012, 09:35:54 PM
I was just curious to know if it was possible and /or if anyone knew of a cheap option?

Thanks!

The OBi has nothing to do with it, this is a GV capability question.  A simple Google search on it yields a "no".

otherwhirl

Anyone know of any VOIP services that will allow for collect calls?

Stewart

Quote from: otherwhirl on February 01, 2012, 12:23:36 PM
Anyone know of any VOIP services that will allow for collect calls?
I'm not aware of any; if you did find one, it would likely cost more than a basic landline.

If your contact is in prison or otherwise constrained, such that collect is the only option, you could use a service such as http://www.jailcalls.com/ .  Possibly, a trusted friend could accept the charges on his/her laneline, bringing you on the line with a three-way call.

Otherwise, it would be much less expensive for you to get an 800 number, or a number local to your contact.

lavarock7@gmail.com

In my case a toll free number was pretty inexpensive through Telcan.net at $2 a month with no calls. Other companies may also be cheap per month and per minute.

Ostracus

Are prisoners allowed to call toll-free numbers?