News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Twitter Status Update

Started by Huib, January 31, 2012, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huib

In my 2 weeks of ownership of an OBi (and 2 more on the way) I've been rewarded with a product that does a great job. However, the OBiTalk portal has been flaky on at least 2 occasions for hours on end during those 2 weeks and this morning the website was down/under construction. Although perhaps not technically a feature request I'd like to suggest/ask/plead that Obihai provide system status updates/announcements (like new firmware) through twitter. I follow their existing account but that does not provide any of that. So whether they include it in their existing twitter or create a new twitter feed but start providing timely status update via twitter... Please...

Thank you!

Stewart

I agree that real-time network status would be a good thing, but IMO there isn't much compelling about the portal.  It's easy to administer an OBi device directly, even if it is remote.  Connections between OBi and mobile devices can be done with SIP services; many offer excellent support.  Troubleshooting is easier, when you don't have to deal with a proprietary, undocumented protocol.

RevKev

Apparently, as of today, and as long as Sherman posts a reply, you can open this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
click the "Notify" button and get an email notification for firmware updates.

Stewart,
QuoteConnections between OBi and mobile devices can be done with SIP services
That's true if you're using a SIP service. I have 2 GV accounts and POTS line on my OBi. I have everything setup the way I want it to work and I can use my ipod touch as a phone using OBiON. When it works, it's great. However, with the flakiness of OBiTalk, it's very unreliable. If it weren't, I could ditch my cell phone.

Real time status notification would be beneficial.

I agree that there's not much compelling about the portal. The only nice feature is that speed dials have a description field and it syncs with OBiON.