News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help!

Started by TheoGeek, January 27, 2012, 11:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheoGeek

This forum is awesome.  I started this adventure not knowing anything about how any of this works, and a few short days later, have ported my land line away from cable VoIP to GoogleVoice, set up a CallCentric account for 911 and got a DirtCheapDID for incoming CallerID name (a week of no name after years of being used to them showed me that $2.95/month for that service is worth it), got all that set up on the Obi110 through the wiring in my house.

You guys made it WAY easier than it would have been, but I have to admit, this Obi110 device is relatively easy to set up all things considered.  The initial set up (before I had CallCentric) was about as easy as anything I've installed.

So, thanks to your help, I am a tad better versed in these matters, have a $4.45/month phone bill, and won't end up in a roadside ditch for having cable.  :)

Jeff.

BabaBooey

Jeff,

Can you explain how you have your OBi setup configured.  How did Callcentric solve your Caller ID Name issue using Google Voice?  If you could reply how you OBi configuration solved the shortcomings of Google Voice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gary D

lhm.

Forward GV #> Callcentric#> Obi1X0 :

Caller ID with name

When you receive a call, the number of the person that is calling you will be displayed. Calls to paid phone numbers you have purchased on your Callcentric account will also show the Caller ID Name (CNAM) for calls that contain a US or Canadian Caller ID number. The caller name will also appear if the person calling you is a Callcentric customer.

You may also place any phone number in your phone book, and the name you enter into the phone book will appear on your Caller ID display when you are called from that number.

Caller ID Name is included for FREE on all numbers purchased from Callcentric, and can be enabled on the My Callcentric Preferences page.

jimates

Since the call comes through GV doesn't that severely limit the amount of time at the Obi before GV voicemail picks up?