News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

inboundcallroute will not respond!

Started by fifa, February 05, 2012, 05:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifa

I have tried to change the inboundcallroute for sp1 (a googlevoice number) via the expert settings on the portal and then via the device itself (did a hard reset and disabled auto provisioning before setting up from device)..

{ph,SPx(12345678901)} is the format i am using.. I also tried SP1 and TG1 , when neither of these worked, i tried to make googlevoice unconditionally forward a call..

in each case only the phone attached to the obi rang!

What am I missing??

Does the OBI route the call by placing a new outbound call on googlevoice or will it only forward to calls registered on googlevoice (thats the only reason I can figure this wouldnt work!)

help! :)

fifa

As a follow up, I have the OBION app on my iphone, while I can make calls from the OBION via sp1 now , I cannot receive calls from sp1 when I set the inboundcallroute to {ph,PP(obxxxxxxxxx)} (of course i have replaced xxxxxxxxx with my obion number..

RonR

Quote from: fifa on February 05, 2012, 05:26:30 PM
Does the OBI route the call by placing a new outbound call on googlevoice or will it only forward to calls registered on googlevoice (thats the only reason I can figure this wouldnt work!)

The OBi always makes a new outbound call and bridges it to the incoming call.

The correct format to is {ph,sp1(12341234567)}, which would ring the OBi PHONE Port at the same time a call is initiated to 12341234567 using SP1.

RonR

Quote from: fifa on February 05, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
As a follow up, I have the OBION app on my iphone, while I can make calls from the OBION via sp1 now , I cannot receive calls from sp1 when I set the inboundcallroute to {ph,PP(obxxxxxxxxx)} (of course i have replaced xxxxxxxxx with my obion number..

Are you configuring the OBi directly or at least logging into the OBi directly to confirm your changes at the OBiTALK Web Portal are propagating to the OBi?  There have been reports that changes made at the OBiTALK Web Portal are not making it to the OBi as expected.