News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Israel disconnect tone

Started by bhdira, February 07, 2012, 03:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhdira

My line port is not disconnecting and I think because the only thing I get on disconnect is a fast busy. I have attached a recordings of it, would anyone be able to tell me what the value of it is?
Thanks

Stewart

Set LINE Port -> DisconnectTonePattern to 400-30;10;(.5+.5)

This should disconnect after 10 seconds.  You can change the 10 to a smaller value to get a quicker disconnect, at increased risk of falsely detecting the pattern, e.g. in hold music.

bhdira

Quote from: Stewart on February 07, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
Set LINE Port -> DisconnectTonePattern to 400-30;10;(.5+.5)

This should disconnect after 10 seconds.  You can change the 10 to a smaller value to get a quicker disconnect, at increased risk of falsely detecting the pattern, e.g. in hold music.

It works  Thanks a ton
Btw is 10 representing seconds?

Stewart

Quote from: bhdira on February 07, 2012, 02:52:55 PMBtw is 10 representing seconds?
The manual implies that, but I am not certain.  Possibly, it represents 10 repetitions of the pattern.  However, in your case, the pattern is exactly one second long, so it means 10 seconds anyway.

bhdira

Quote from: Stewart on February 07, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: bhdira on February 07, 2012, 02:52:55 PMBtw is 10 representing seconds?
The manual implies that, but I am not certain.  Possibly, it represents 10 repetitions of the pattern.  However, in your case, the pattern is exactly one second long, so it means 10 seconds anyway.

interesting that it actually disconnects in under 10sec now so any one know what it represents?
Just curious.

Stewart

Quote from: bhdira on February 08, 2012, 12:20:25 AMinteresting that it actually disconnects in under 10sec now so any one know what it represents?
I was able to confirm that on my OBi (in France), which also has a 0.5/0.5 disconnect tone cadence.  The OBi disconnected after six seconds of disconnect tone.

I don't know why that should be.

Just a guess:  The device takes the "10" setting as the total expected length, and sets a threshold less than that, so if a small portion of the tone were lost or obliterated, the disconnect would still happen.

If someone from Obihai is reading this, please explain the disconnect behavior.