News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

speed dial does not work

Started by Niko, February 05, 2012, 10:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

In OBI-talk, under Speed Dial Settings, I added my Google Voice number to be able to access my Google Voice Mail through speed dial. I put the ten digit number under "number/address"; the id # I selected is "3". When I go to dial from my phone, and press 3, I get a message, "we can not complete your call, please try again". I also tried dialing 3# and that does not work either. Am I missing a step? I did click "save changes, and the google number and number 3 is showing under speed dial settings. Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: Niko on February 05, 2012, 10:02:47 PM
When I go to dial from my phone, and press 3, I get a message, "we can not complete your call, please try again".

If the message you're hearing is a female voice, it's coming from Google Voice and not from the OBi.

Log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The username/password is admin/admin, but the password may have been changed by the OBiTALK Web Portal (the current password should be listed there).

Check:

Status -> Call History

and you'll probably find that the number '3' was sent to Google Voice.

Check:

User Settings -> Speed Dials

and you'll probably find that Speed Dial #3 is empty.

DaveTap

You can also add Google Voice numbers to speed dial using the email address instead of a number.

Niko

Update: I tried it today through the same way (Obitalk) and the speed dial worked. It's weird because I did not do anything different. Yes, it was a female voice that I heard when it was not connecting yesterday. Thanks both of you for your help.