News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Sporadic Call Failures, e.g. "503 Issue"

Started by otherwhirl, February 07, 2012, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennettg

Quote from: OBiSupport on February 08, 2012, 04:23:29 PM
Update 1:

We believe the issue to be on the mend. 
For those of you experiencing call failures, please try some calls now and report back on your experience.

Thanks!

still not working for me.  random inbound calls not ringing. obi support: please provide more specifics.

analogmonster

I just updated my firmware and am experiencing the similar issues. obi110
Worked fine before update
after update, hear stutter tones, indicating message.
could only call out for a couple hours.
Now I cannot call in or out.
receiving 503 code.
I am able to use the google web application to call, so it is unlikely the account that has the issue.

Rick

I got this today.  Tried it twice.  Added area code (local number) and it went through.

jpiszcz

Outbound calls are sporadic, sometimes they go out, othertimes:
call was rejected by the service provider: reason is 503..

Inbound calls do not seem to be going through either currently..

Alto2

My experience is just like analogmonster's. Got my 110 last week, hooked it up, and never had a problem until Tuesday night. Then I started getting some outgoing calls that would ring once and then I'd get a fast busy, but the call went through via the website. I figured I should update my firmware after looking at the posts here, so I did that. Now I get the 503 error, but the call goes through just fine when dialed via the Web. Whatever was done to fix the problem doesn't seem to have been enough!

sm69th

Add me to the the list...since last night my incoming calls are no longer reaching my Obi. I also just tried placing a call and got the 503 error.

Hope they get this fixed SOON or I will have to find another provider instead of GV...

a140

I think I found one of the reasons for this error.
Today when I tried to dial into my conference call - I got 503 error. I tried from OBIon on my iPhone and then with handset connected directly to OBI appliance.
Suspecting it was OBI issue, I tried calling from Talkatone app (also configured with google voice) and finally directly from google voice app.
The call failed every time with google voice saying - "This is not a valid number".
Finally, I called the number from my cell and was able to get through.

Final Take - THIS IS GOOGLE VOICE issue (at least for this case).

The real problem is that services like freeconferencecall use high connection fee numbers to make money and GV, being free doesn't want that surcharge. It could also be that these numbers are virtual, unregistered, voip numbers not recognizable by GV.
Read more about it here - http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!topic/voice/glPvnNQnpB8

userobi110

Here is the GV log from inside gmail.com. obi110 was powered off. (408) xxx-xxxx is the same number. When called from cell phone to this number - it always work.

Sorry! The phone call with (408) xxx-xxxx failed because of a problem
with our servers at 6:01 PM. Please wait a bit and try again.
 Thank you!
 (Error ID: f243822d993cf3af)

At 6:01 PM (408) xxx-xxxx  was not available for a phone call.

Sorry! The phone call with (408) xxx-xxxx failed because of a problem
with our servers at 6:02 PM. Please wait a bit and try again.
 Thank you!
 (Error ID: cf5437d0298c5bef)

Thank you!
 (Error ID: d9d3104b58a5ca68)

Thank you!
 (Error ID: 872111814d33d386)

Is it time to forget about GV and move to other provider?

z15f

Ya, I have noticed this issue since the last 2 or 3 days too. It seems that rebooting the OBI110 device fixes this for a few hours, but then the problem returns.

Saylor

Same issue here too.. redirected Google Voice number to secondary SIP installed as Line 1 for temp solution

Kaman

There is definitely a problem with Google Voice. However, the issue extends to the Obi as well. I have my cell phone set up with Google Voice, and my number is set to ring both on my cell and my Obi. Yesterday I was able to make calls on the Obi, but only to local numbers. Other numbers failed with the 503 error.

Then I received an incoming call, and my cell phone rang but NOT the Obi!! So I logged into the Obi and rebooted it, and then all was well again for a few hours, then it started acting up again.

So, it would appear that Google is choking, but after it comes back on-line, the Obi is NOT reconnecting properly. I looked for an option in the Obi setup to reboot every 24 hours and reconnect, but no such option was found.

Obi support, I realize that the initial problem is on Google's side, but you need to make a change to re-establish connection once the service is restored! If we can't rely on the phone service, then what good is it? I have an OOMA voip box as well, and have never had 1 problem with their service in 2 and 1/2 years! I bought my Obi as a second line for work, but now I'm questioning that decision.

Please address this issue quickly! Thank you.

jimates

The problem is with google, not the Obi. When google gets things worked out the Obi will again work properly. Many of us have not experienced any problems.

truelies

I also got this problem. It's almost 9 months. Are there have any solution?

MikeHObi

a couple uses today so far and no issue after being able to repeat it at will yesterday.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

softrider

Also started receiving the 503 call failure msg yesterday and today.  In all cases just redialed and was able to place the call. 

My calls originate from New Jersey (if this matters).  So far seems to affect outbound call only.  But then again how would I know if it is affecting inbound calls.   ::)

JosephM

I noticed i have this problem only when i dial the number immediately after taking phone off hook especially when using speed dial with # for quick dialing. it seems if i wait approximately 7 sec or so before i finish dialing, i don't get the 503 error. Perhaps others can try to see if the delay solves the problem or is just a coincidence?

JosephM

PS. My friend who works with VOIP a bit says this is a COMMON PROBLEM WITH ata's DEVICES.  He says it has to do with delays in sensing availability and termination of the line for the call. I continue  to not have the 503 problem if i use a 7 or 8 second delay between calls.

Joseph

LeoKing

Quote from: JosephM on October 22, 2012, 12:00:34 PM
I noticed i have this problem only when i dial the number immediately after taking phone off hook especially when using speed dial with # for quick dialing. it seems if i wait approximately 7 sec or so before i finish dialing, i don't get the 503 error. Perhaps others can try to see if the delay solves the problem or is just a coincidence?

Thank you, JosephM, for this info & tip!

I started getting this "rejected by the service" 503 error today when dialing the local numbers with the 281 area code. I followed your tip to dial the numbers manually to extend the dialing time instead of using the speed dial/memory dial and the calls went through with no problems. Thanks again!!!