News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dial using the web config tool

Started by Judgeless, February 12, 2012, 12:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgeless

Is it possible to set the Speed Dial using the Internet based web page? If I use the web interface built in to the OBI device I can change them.  Using ObiTalk they do not show up.  When ever I add them manualy they get erased.

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
When ever I add them manualy they get erased.

To keep them from getting overwritten by the OBiTALK Web Portal, set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Judgeless

Can I set them with out disabling Auto Provisioning?

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 12:51:15 PM
Can I set them with out disabling Auto Provisioning?

Presumably, you can set them on the OBiTALK Web Portal, but I gather that hasn't been working out very well for you.

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on February 12, 2012, 12:53:34 PM
Presumably, you can set them on the OBiTALK Web Portal, but I gather that hasn't been working out very well for you.

I can not find were you set them using the OBiTALK web portal.  Here is what it looks like.

http://mbu.com/prius/obi1.jpg

This is how it looks like using the web server in the OBI box.

http://mbu.com/prius/obi2.jpg

For some reason I cannot post pics in the forums.   When I used the img tag it does not show the pic.

RonR

See attached screen capture.

Judgeless

The attach seems to work but post pics does not.

Here is what happens when I use the img tag

Judgeless

Can you set speed dial usin the OBiTalk web portal?

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 01:13:07 PM

Did you see the capture from the OBiTALK Web Portal I posted?  Click on 'Speed Dials'.

Can I set Speed Dials from the OBiTALK Web Portal?  I don't use the ObiTALK Web Portal for anything.

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on February 12, 2012, 01:17:08 PM
Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 01:13:07 PM
Did you see the capture from the OBiTALK Web Portal I posted?  Click on 'Speed Dials'.

I missed that.  I see it now.  Thanks for your help.

Judgeless

When I enter a speed dial using the Web Portal it never shows up in the device.

I probably should give up on using the web interface.

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 01:31:54 PM
When I enter a speed dial using the Web Portal it never shows up in the device.

I probably should give up on using the web interface.

Configuring the OBi is much simpler, quicker, and more reliable if you simply configure it directly.

There isn't anything to be gained by struggling with the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Judgeless

This is what they look like.

jimates

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
Is it possible to set the Speed Dial using the Internet based web page? If I use the web interface built in to the OBI device I can change them.  Using ObiTalk they do not show up.  When ever I add them manualy they get erased.
Judging by the first post you are successfully editing your speed dial list on the device. If you are then your provisioning must be turned off. if provisioning is turned off you will not be able to make any changes from the  Obitalk portal.

ProfTech

I believe that you should be able to edit the speed dial settings if you select the Expert Mode. Be aware that using it is not for the faint of heart, however and as mentioned by others the Obitalk Web interface seems to have some definite issues.

Felix

I think speed dials is one of few things that is not available on Web portal. Speed dials that are available on the portal are probably shared between devices (not sure, though).
To set up speed dial on a specific device, you need to get to the administration page of the device (Under User settings - Speed dial). These setting are not overwritten by anything from Portal

RonR

Quote from: Felix on February 18, 2012, 11:18:18 AM
I think speed dials is one of few things that is not available on Web portal. Speed dials that are available on the portal are probably shared between devices (not sure, though).
To set up speed dial on a specific device, you need to get to the administration page of the device (Under User settings - Speed dial). These setting are not overwritten by anything from Portal

In order for your assertion to be true, you must disable Auto Provisioning, which will prevent the OBiTALK Web Portal from overwriting any changes you make directly to the OBi.

From page 17 of the OBi Device Administration Guide:

Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers

The OBi device supports Speed Dialing of 99 numbers. These numbers can be associated with phones reachable via an Internet or landline service or the OBiTALK network. Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

and page 19:

∞ Note: Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

MurrayB

My experience is that I can't call forward (*72) to a previously set up speed dial number. I must fully enter the number **1xxxxx, **9xxxx, etc. each time I forward. Is this correct Obi operation or am I doing something incorrectly? The speed dials operate fine on their own.

Thanks!

RonR

I don't believe *72 is intended to work with Speed Dials.  *72 expects a full telephone number to entered.