News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems restoring with a backup file through OBiTalk.

Started by larrybob, February 07, 2012, 09:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

Restoring from a backup configuration in OBiTALK does not seem to be working. I first created a backup file with the web interface, then loaded it through OBiTALK. The backup file is NOT implemented through OBiTalk.
If I reset my box and restore through the  web interface, the restore process is successful, but of course the  new  parameters will not be present  the OBiTALK interface.

Am I doing something wrong when I try to to a restore through the OBiTalk interface, or is this feature not working?
I am planning to send my device to a remote location, and I will have to modify it through OBiTalk.Therefore, it is important that the  OBiTALK parameters for the  device, mirror, what is on the device.

Thanks Larry

Everton

Interesting enough, I brought the issue to the folks at OBihai and they said they would look into it and I have yet to hear from them.  They have a way of dismissing issues like these without fully investigating it and provide some canned response.  This and other OBiTALK issues have cropped up lately and they seem to be oblivious as to what is going on.  I had to delete the device from OBiTALK due to syncing issues and upload the backup configuration file.  I hope they address the issue soon.  For now, I have abandon the OBiTALK medium.

larrybob

I also had problems with syncing issues, but am happy to say as of last night, the syncing issues have seem to be resolved... Larry