News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to get to the Auto Attendant

Started by jeff_mdimension, February 08, 2012, 06:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff_mdimension

Hello, I am excited to find this forum as I am a new user of obi110.  There are quite a few questions I have when it comes to setting it up.

In fact, I received the box yesterday and have setup google voice.  It works great!  I also notice there is an "Auto Attendant" feature.  Here is my question:  when I dial from sp2 (gv) to the phone number behind sp1, I got the google voicemail instead.  How can I get to the prompt of Auto Attendant?

I set up the entire box relying on the local portal, by the way.  I've enabled "Auto Attendant" for SP1 in "Outbound Settings", and choose "SP1 service" under "Voice Services"->"Auto Attendant".  However, I have not yet overridden the AA password.

I think I might have missed a few required steps somewhere.  Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

Huib

You can direct incoming calls to the AA by using the X_InboundCallRoute parameter. More info can be found in the admin guide: http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf (or online version @ http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm).

jeff_mdimension

Thank you.

Does that mean that AA only available to certain callers?  Is there anyway the caller can use passcode to authenticate himself as opposed to a pre-defined phone numbers?

jimates

Incoming calls are delivered to the AA based on caller id. Numbers in the Circle of Trust are automatically delivered to the AA. This means those callers ALWAYS have to go through the AA. So they have to press 1 every time to have the call ring the phone port.

If you don't want to go through the AA every time, you can set it up so that when you call sp2 it will get the AA and when you call sp1 it rings the phone port without going through the AA.

jimates

Passcode can't be used because the Obi would have to actually answer every call to do that. The Obi does not answer calls, it just redirects them based on the call routes.

Huib

You can make the AA available to a few callers or everyone. You can also setup up to 4 pin numbers for people to use. If you don't use a pin it's a free for all who get connected to the AA.

Depending on how you configured the OBi and if you have made adjustments to the default OBi setup people in the circle of trust can be ignored.

jeff_mdimension

Thank you.  I am a little overwhelmed.

First, the firmware version I use is 1.2.1 (build: 2385).  It is older than the AdminGuide which is written for 1.3.  Does this matter?

I have not yet created the AA-specific phone number list yet (don't know how to do it).  However, I did enable Voice Services->Auto Attendant->UsePin=enabled, PIN1=12345.  In addition, Voice Services->SP2->X_InboundCallRoute=aa.  When I call the SP2 number, google voicemail greeting kicks in after a few rings.  I am still where I was.

What should I do?   Thanks.

Huib

It's recommended to be on the latest firmware, but I can't tell you if that would help you with your current issue. From what you write you've set it up correctly so not sure where it's going wrong. When you set X_InboundCallRoute to ph does it ring the phone? If not then something else is going on that has nothing to do with the AA.

Stewart

With InboundCallRoute for SP2 set to {ph}, do incoming calls to the SP2 number ring the phone port?  If not, debug that first (check whether registered, check whether outbound calls via SP2 work, check GV is set to route to Google Chat).

Once incoming calls on SP2 are working, change InboundCallRoute back to aa and retest.  If it still fails, report what, if anything, is shown in Call History for a failing call.

jeff_mdimension

SP2 is working without using AA, it rings.

When I set "Voice Services"->"SP2 Service"->X_InboundCallRoute=aa, the phone doesn't ring.  However, the call is recorded in Call History, Terminal ID=AA1, Direction=Inbound.

I would expect to hear AA's announcement.  Instead, I get GV's greeting message.

Up to this point, I don't have the preferred phone number list defined yet.  I do enable the "Auto Attendant"->UsePin and Pin1.

What else should I do from here?  Thanks.

Stewart

Make sure that for SP2, X_SkipCallScreening is checked.

If that's not it, in the Call History for a failing call, report all the time stamps and for each, what event is reported and whether it applies to SP2 or AA1.

jeff_mdimension

fanatic!  It works.

In fact, this is not mentioned in the Admin Guide in reference to AA setup.  Thank you very much for the help.