News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adjust volume

Started by JD1940, February 11, 2012, 12:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD1940

Using Obi 1110 with Google Voice and Panasonic DECT 6 phones. Basically all is working well but the volume at least on the receiving end is quite loud. Where and how can I lower it and what setting would you suggest. I've already lowered the phone volume as low as it will go but I still get an occasional echo effect and I think it's because of the volume. Also had a caller say I was breaking up badly at his end although he sounded fine to me. I don't know whether that's because of volume or because I was downloading a large file and so perhaps had a router problem. I use Cox internet at the 15mbps/4mbps level. Any possible settings for that problem?

lk96

one thing you can try is to (lower) the RxGain on the phone port:

PHysical interfaces -> PHONE -> channelRxGain

L.

lk96

correction to my previous post: you will need to modify the
channelTxGain (not the Rx) to attenuate the signal from the Obi to the PHONE port.

L.

JD1940

I see where those are but what's a reasonable reduction? They are both currently set at 0 which doesn't give me much to go on.

RonR

Quote from: JD1940 on February 11, 2012, 11:17:07 AM
I see where those are but what's a reasonable reduction? They are both currently set at 0 which doesn't give me much to go on.

Negative numbers reduce the volume, positive numbers increase the volume.

Simply try -1, -2, ..., -12 until you find the volume that suits you.

JD1940

Started out with a -5 which made more difference than I thought it would and now have it backed down to -3 which sounds just about right. Thanks for the help!