News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Obi's - Remote Users - Same GV Acct Inbound/Outbound

Started by Joshinforum, February 10, 2012, 09:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshinforum

SN: Don't mind the username.  ::)

It's 12AM here and I've been trying to find a solution for the for the past two days but every time I think I understand this, I read another post that throws me off or leads me in a different direction on how to accomplish this.

In short, I have a small business and we use an existing GV account as our primary number. We've used it for about 2 years now and I've never had problems with it and until recently I did not know that GV offered free domestic outbound calls so that's why I'm a new Obi user  ;D ! So thanks for the great product !

I used to have the GV # forwarded to different phones but as we are growing, my assistants would like to stop using their personal phones to receive calls and MagicJack is no longer doing the trick. On inbound calling its fine since GV will forward but outbound is a big problem. Too many hoops to jump through to make the CID show our primary GV number.

I have purchased 2 Obi 110 devices. I've seen the Obi Home Office Extension Wizard (http://www.obihai.com/pbxExtension.html). I've read most of RonR's post about two obis using one GV account (Quite a few...)  and his post about single stage dialing (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0).

1. What I would like to accomplish is that if someone calls in on our GV #, It will ring both Obi's. Simple enough. I understand the X_InboundCallRoute in SP1 on Obi #1 and forwarding that to the second Obi. I am also under the impression that if Obi #1 is on a Inbound/Outbound call then Obi #1 will hear a "call waiting ring" and Obi#2 will ring the ph port. If I am incorrect please tell me.

2. I would also like for Obi #2 to be able to pick up the phone and then be presented with a dial tone. No AA or 2 *** or 1**#(%&$200234344, etc.. I'm ok with bypassing aa if needed on Obi#2. I just need to pick up and hear a dial tone and dial a number using primary GV account EVEN IF Obi#1 is on a call (if possible). I read somewhere that it was possible to have the GV account use 4 simultaneous calls ? But I have also read that there can only be on GV account per device so I didn't have much confidence that this will work.

3. Use the Obi Softphone with Obi#2. I'd assume this would be as simple as selecting the second Obi and the voice gateway on the Obi portal, but would the same rules apply for the softphone as would Obi#2 if selected ?

Just trying to make it as simple as possible for the assistants. I understood the master slave setup but I just didn't know how it would work with outbound calls and the settings that I've seen so far have not been the easiest to make for every call.

I know there are a thousand post out there about this same thing but I would not have posted if they had the information that I needed to setup the Obi's to work for my application. Thank you for your time in advanced and please let me know what it would take for this to be completed. If i need to setup another account (sip, voip, pbx etc) please let me know. I am open to doing another GV account since it seems like they are the only ones who have a number that is closest to my current number and that they are free.

Side Question: Would it be possible to setup a GV Primary # on Obi#1 and a Second GV Account on Obi#2 and have

GV#1 -----> Obi#1 & Obi#2
GV#2 -----> Obi#1 & Obi#2

and Outbound calls go out over whichever account or number is available ? I'd setup Obi#2 to have its own GV account but the outbound CID is what I do not want the callers to see. I'd rather them see one number and have both Obi's received inbound and make outbound as if they were in the same physical location.

Thanks in advanced!

Edit: Or another solution that i just thought of. Would it be possible in any way (GV or Not ) to have the Obi devices either use the GV account to place outgoing calls only or just spoof or display a different CID only on outbound calls ? I was thinking about just setting up two different GV accounts ( 3 Total )  and having the main number forward to the to Obi devices and then the Obi's outbound calls being handled through the primary GV or some other sip/voip account ?

RonR

An OBi can be configured with two Google Voice accounts.  Each Google Voice account has its own number and can handle two calls (two in or two out or one in and one out).  The problem I see is that you want all outgoing calls to be made with the CallerID that belongs to your existing Google Voice account.  That means you can have a maximum of two outgoing calls with the CallerID you want, and then only if there are no incoming calls in use on that number.  With two OBi's, you could have the equivalent of 8 lines, but only two of them will associated with the incoming number and outgoing CallerID that you wish since you cannot manipulate the CallerID of a Google Voice account.

It's relatively easy to route calls between OBi's and their trunks in a variety of ways, but using Google Voice as the service provider, you have the restrictions previously described.  Given that, is there something I can help you with configuration-wise?

Joshinforum

Would there be a limitation using Voip.ms as SP2 for outbound only ? I can change the CID using their service.

So the config would be Incoming from GV#1 sent to OBI#1 & OBI#2
Outbound using a trunk group ? Obi device to try SP1 if available but if not then use SP2 ?

SP1 --> GV
SP2 --> Voip.ms

User of Obi#1 to use PH as primary device
User of Obi#2 to use ObiSoftphone as primary device (voice gateway)

Both Obi's able to pick up and reach dial tone and dial directly out with as little number prefixes (**1 ,**2, 2**1, etc) as possible.

RonR

Do you actually want to use a second OBi since there's no service providers configured on it?  One or more softphones can use the first (only) OBi in addition to its PHONE Port being used.

Joshinforum

I though about this earlier. The reason for using the second Obi was so that the first Obi would not be restricted on inbound/outbound calls. But I see where you are going. If the second Obi device is just a bridge to the first then in essence I'd still be using the same resources but the configuration is just more complex with two.

So to answer your question, No. I don't have to use the second OBi as long as having the softphone does not interfere with the first Obi ph use on inbound/outbound calls.

So would there be any custom setup if I wanted to use an additional sp (sp2) to make or receive calls if the first sp (sp1) was unavailable or busy?

RonR

Give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can come up with...

RonR

The following assumes Google Voice is configured and working on SP1/ITSPA, Voip.ms is configured and working on SP2/ITSPB, the LINE Port is not used, and 911 calls are to be routed to SP2.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A - General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B - General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob290123456),ph}

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob290123456),ph}

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{290123456>911:sp2},{290123456>(Mtg1):tg1},{290123456:aa},{pp(ob290123456),ph}

where 290123456 is the OBiTALK number of your OBiON App.

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1
Name : Primary Line
TrunkList : sp1,sp2
DigitMap : (Mste)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Trunk Group 1

User Settings -> User Defined DigitMaps -> User Defined Digit Map2
Label : ste
DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

All incoming calls will ring the PHONE Port and the OBiON App.
Outgoing calls will use SP1 if available, otherwise SP2.

Joshinforum

That looks good. I'll let you know if I have any problems with it. One more question. Is there any way that if sp1 was full (in/in , out/out, or in/out) that the calls would automatically roll to sp2 from within the obi? I don't think it's possible to setup a hunt type group with GV and forwarding calls from sp1 to sp2 would make both lines ring at all times instead of only when sp1 was full.

Thanks for the config and hopefully I can find something to do with the additional obi.

RonR

You could disable the Google Chat phone (uncheck the box on it) in your Google Voice account and have Google Voice ring your Voip.ms number.  Outgoing Google Voice calls from the OBi will still work.  This would make all incoming calls, from either your Google Voice number or your Voip.ms number come in on SP2, reserving SP1 for two outgoing calls.  This may or may not buy you anything depending on Google Voice limitations as it's not clear whether the two session limit is in the OBi or Google Voice.  If the limit is with Google Voice (likely) then this will probably interfere with using the Trunk Group as the OBi will probably try to put the call through to Google Voice where it will be rejected and the Trunk Group logic in the OBi will not try SP2 at that point.  It might be worth a try, but don't get your hopes up.

Joshinforum

Everything seems to work fine so far. I don't like the fact that the softphone user still has to pick and option "it rings and says press 1 to continue this call 2 for new call 3 for enter a call back #"  ...before making a call... Anyway we can adjust this ? I just want it to dial the number through whatever line is available.

RonR

Quote from: Joshinforum on February 13, 2012, 11:16:05 AM
I don't like the fact that the softphone user still has to pick and option "it rings and says press 1 to continue this call 2 for new call 3 for enter a call back #"  ...before making a call... Anyway we can adjust this ? I just want it to dial the number through whatever line is available.

You should be able to dial 911, 011+ (international), or a 7-, 10-, or 11-digit number from the OBiON App and have it go out Trunk Group 1 like the rest.  That's what the bolded rules are for:

The Auto Attendant should intercept the call only if you don't dial a valid number.

Joshinforum

Ok. Made the changes in the config but user still gets the message and has to select number and enter pin number. Also calls  from the ph connected to the obi I am getting " There is no call route available " if I try to dial a number. Calls work fine through the app/softphone and inboud calls do come through.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ninja Edit : I defaulted the Outbound Route for the ph and was able to make outbound calls

RonR

What does the OBi's Call History show for the various failed calls?

Joshinforum

Call 2 02/13/2012    14:58:01 
Terminal ID AA1 GoogleVoice1
Peer Name   
Peer Number 18131234567 18131234567
Direction Outbound Outbound
14:58:01 New Call 
14:58:02 New Peer: OBiTALK1(290123456) Transfer Target, Continue At Ref:11213 

Call 3 02/13/2012    14:57:19 
Terminal ID OBiTALK1 AA1
Peer Name   
Peer Number 290123456 
Direction Inbound Inbound
14:57:19 Ringing 
14:57:23  Call Connected
14:58:02 Call Transferred Transfer to GoogleVoice1(1813123456), State=peer-ringing, Ref=11213
14:58:33  Call Connected
14:58:39 End Call 

Call 4 02/13/2012    14:56:39 
Terminal ID OBiTALK1 AA1
Peer Name   
Peer Number 290123456 
Direction Inbound Inbound
14:56:39 Ringing 
14:56:44  Call Connected
14:57:16 End Call

290123456 is ObiAPP
18131234567  was the number dialed from the ObiApp that was kicked to the AA to complete the call

RonR

Quote from: Joshinforum on February 13, 2012, 12:00:43 PM
Ninja Edit : I defaulted the Outbound Route for the ph and was able to make outbound calls

I don't know what this means.  Are you saying you made a typo in the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute and now have it fixed?

RonR

Quote from: Joshinforum on February 13, 2012, 12:10:17 PM
290123456 is ObiAPP
18131234567  was the number dialed from the ObiApp that was kicked to the AA to complete the call

Did you dial 18131234567 from the OBiON App to start with, prior to getting the Auto Attendant?  If so, it should have gone out TG1 and not been intercepted by the the Auto Attendant.

Joshinforum

I'm not sure if it was a typo or not. I just defaulted it and it works. I am not worried about the 911 service. These phone are just for business use and the registered address would not be correct for the locations. The users do have access to other phones in case 911 service is needed.

RonR

If you can't spot the problem, please copy/paste the following values from your OBi (do NOT copy them from the OBiTALK Web Portal):

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A - General -> DigitMap :

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B - General -> DigitMap :

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute :

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute :

Name :
TrunkList :
DigitMap :

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine :

Label :
DigitMap :

Joshinforum

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A - General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B - General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob290123456),ph}

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob290123456),ph}

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute: {290123456>911:sp2},{290123456>(tg1):tg1},{290123456:aa},{pp(ob290123456),ph}

Name : Primary Line
TrunkList : sp1,sp2
DigitMap : (Mste)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute: --Currently Default-- {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Trunk Group 1

Label : ste
DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1813>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

RonR

Oops.  I made a typo:

The 'M' was missing.

If you don't want 911 support, remove the {290123456>911:sp2} rule.