News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to ring my other Google Voice phones from the Obi110?

Started by mditt8671, February 14, 2012, 10:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mditt8671

I just got my Obi110 and set it up so that GV is now my home phone system.

I have figured out how I can call back 'home' from my cell phone which is on the same google voice account/phone number without going straight to voicemail.

However, if I call my GV number from my home phone hooked up through the Obi110, it goes straight to voicemail every time. I have verified that "Voicemail Access" under Advanced Settings for all my phones, plus Google Chat, are set to "No."

Is it possible to ring the OTHER Google Voice linked phones on my account from my home (OBI-linked) phone?

The reason I'd like to do this is because my 8 year old son is used to calling the home phone number from anywhere, including the home phone, and getting in touch with me.

RonR

Quote from: mditt8671 on February 14, 2012, 10:37:31 AM
However, if I call my GV number from my home phone hooked up through the Obi110, it goes straight to voicemail every time. I have verified that "Voicemail Access" under Advanced Settings for all my phones, plus Google Chat, are set to "No."

It shouldn't go to voicemail, it should allow you to check your voicemail when you call your own Google Voice number from that trunk on OBi.

Quote from: mditt8671 on February 14, 2012, 10:37:31 AM
Is it possible to ring the OTHER Google Voice linked phones on my account from my home (OBI-linked) phone?

You would have to call your Google Voice number using a different provider on the OBi (like a landline or another Google Voice account).