News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[S]When I call my Obi, I hear many rings but the actual phone rings 3 times.

Started by Robert.Thompson, February 15, 2012, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

People are hanging up on me before I can answer because they get many rings before the phone on my Obi actually rings - is there a way to adjust when my Obi rings my actual phone?

Thanks
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

hwittenb

If you are talking about an incoming call on the pstn line, there is a Ring Delay setting that you can adjust.  You find the setting on the Line Port. 

The Line Port Ring Delay default setting is 4000 ms (4 seconds).  The delay is set to allow the OBi to capture the incoming caller id before the ring.  The caller id  usually comes between the 1st and 2d ring.  If you don't care about the caller id then it is possible to adjust the setting to 0.

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: hwittenb on February 15, 2012, 12:25:31 PM
If you are talking about an incoming call on the pstn line, there is a Ring Delay setting that you can adjust.  You find the setting on the Line Port. 

The Line Port Ring Delay default setting is 4000 ms (4 seconds).  The delay is set to allow the OBi to capture the incoming caller id before the ring.  The caller id  usually comes between the 1st and 2d ring.  If you don't care about the caller id then it is possible to adjust the setting to 0.

thanks hwittenb, that's exactly what I am talking about. :)
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com