News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Do I turn off GV Voicemail?!?

Started by dhfobi, February 17, 2012, 08:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhfobi

How Do I turn off GV Voicemail?!?

I just ported my home number to GV but calls go to my listed cellphone even though it is not checked to be forwarded to.
I want my home answering machine to pick up my calls but after the 4 ring setting(<25sec) it stops ringing but I don't hear the message it is sending.
I just want all calls to my home GV number to ring the phone and be answered by my machine, and it appears that I want to turn off GV Voicemail but I can't figure out how to do that!
My ATA is the Obi100 set to default settings. Are there any OBi100 settings I need to change?
Any help would be much appreciated.

dhfobi

Forgot to mention that Call Screening is turned OFF.
When I call my primary number from my registered cellphone, it gives me the Voicemail prompt instead of connecting to my phone or answering machine. Although I have the cellphone registered with GV, I have not enabled the forwarding to it.
And if I then dial a * and my home phone, I get a busy signal. I'd like to totally bypass Voicemail if possible, is it possible?!?

RonR

In advanced settings for your cell phone number in your Google Voice account, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

You cannot disable Google Voice voicemail or change the time it takes for it to answer.  Google Voice voicemail picks up ananswered calls after 25 seconds, so you'll have to have your answering machine pick up sooner, which is usually about four rings.