News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 - LAN Port not working??

Started by MDBean, October 08, 2013, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDBean

Maybe I misunderstood the use of the LAN port on the back of the OBi202.  I have one free network jack in my office, and I thought I could just daisy-chain the OBi202 and the printer thusly:

[WALL JACK]<------>[OBi202 Internet Port][OBi202 LAN port]<------>[Printer]

But I cannot ping the printer from my desktop after connecting this. Have tried different cables, etc.  Am I missing something obvious?

Shale

Try putting your OBi202 into bridge mode by changing its OperationMode parameter from Router to Bridge.

MDBean

I see the LAN settings page in the documentation, but I don't have a link for that under "Router Configuration" on my configuration page...?

The only options under "Router Configuration" are WAN settings and QoS settings.

Shale

I have never actually done this. I have tried reading a lot of the admin guide. Your posting your experiences will help others.

There are two ways to get to bridge mode: use the local web server on the OBi (not OBiTalk), or use an attached phone.

You can access the local web server via the LAN port, or you can access through the the local web server via the Internet (WAN) port after  you have enabled that by phone. ( I suspect you did that already.)
The path is Router Configuration>LanSettings>OperationMode where you can choose Bridge

To put the OBi into bridge mode, via an attached phone dial ***0, 31#, 1,1#,1.
To put it back to router mode dial ***0, 31#, 1,0#,1. (comma means pause and listen)
After entering a string, you could just hang up.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5484.0 is some prior discussion.