News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Migrate settings from OBi110 to OBi202?

Started by glenviewjeff, April 25, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenviewjeff

I bought an OBi110 and realized I need at least one more Google Voice account, so I'm upgrading to an OBi202.  Is there a way to automatically transfer the existing configuration from the OBi110 to the OBi202?

Specifically, I have a Google Voice account and the Anveo 911 service.  OBi did the setup for this 911 provider automatically.

Re-entering the Google Voice credentials should be trivial, but I'm concerned about how I'd point the device to my existing Anveo 911 account.

glenviewjeff

Well, I decided to just try it out.  For others who may go this route, it was relatively straightforward.  You select the add 911 service just as when you did with the OBi110, but you are given the choice of creating a new Anveo account or using an existing one.  I of course chose the latter.

The speed dial numbers that were entered from your other devices automatically migrate.  Setting up the Google Voice account is just as before.  So basically there was little lost data between the two devices.