News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cannot get my new obi110 to work

Started by kexs, February 18, 2012, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kexs

I just got my obi110 and am having trouble getting it to work.  Perhaps this issue is already discussed in some other thread, but I couldn't find it, at least on one with a solution.

The device is connected to my router (Linksys E2000 with tomato usb).  The power light at the far left is flashing, and the other 3 are all off.  If I pick up the phone, the power light and the phone light (3rd from left) will both flash, the other 2 are still blank.

Calling **9 222 222 222 get a message "There is no service to complete your call".
Tried add device with 5****** on obitalk.com multiple times, and failed everytime.
Dialed ***4 and get "IP address current value is not available".

The following is what I tried so far.

1. Reset router.
2. Plugged straight into the ethernet jack on the wall (We have fiber at home, ISP is Surewest).
3. Tried a different router (EnGenius, came with ISP).
4. Reset device using the hole on the back.

None of these fixed the problem.  Am I just unlucky and got a bad device, or is there anyway to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

jimates

With the "no service ........" message and the inability to get an IP it appears there is no network connection to the Obi.

RonR

Quote from: kexs on February 18, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
The power light at the far left is flashing, and the other 3 are all off.

Calling **9 222 222 222 get a message "There is no service to complete your call".

Tried add device with 5****** on obitalk.com multiple times, and failed everytime.

Dialed ***4 and get "IP address current value is not available".

These are all symptoms of not being connected to the your router.

Quote from: kexs on February 18, 2012, 10:23:38 PM
2. Plugged straight into the ethernet jack on the wall (We have fiber at home, ISP is Surewest).

The OBi should be plugged into one of the Ethernet ports on the back of your router.

kexs

I figured out the problem.

The Ethernet cable that came with the device doesn't work.  Used a different cable and everything is fine.