News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is this the end of OBi 110

Started by BillCarson, March 01, 2012, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillCarson

My unit stopped working this morning.  I've power cycled it 5 times to no effect.  I notice that some people are blaming Google Voice.  Is it time for the trash can for this product?  I only used it about ten days, dang it!  What a gyp!

Stewart

Try the paper clip reset, as described by RonR http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2314.0 .

If no luck, please post:  State of all indicators?  Is there a dialtone?  If so, do you hear an IP address when dialing ***1?  If so, can you access the OBi at that address?  If so, what does System Status show for Service Status of your provider(s)?

BillCarson

I'm surprised.  All of a sudden the Obi started to work.  I did call my number from my cell and noted that Google Voice answered while I had the OBi unplugged.  Earlier, with the unit unplugged, Google Voice did not answer.  So I made an outbound call and it worked.  Maybe this whole problem was with Google and not OBi.

Stewart

Quote from: BillCarson on March 01, 2012, 02:24:23 PMEarlier, with the unit unplugged, Google Voice did not answer.
If you were unable to get GV voicemail with the OBi unplugged, it could not have been an OBi problem.  Possibilities include trouble at GV, at the caller's provider, or with the caller's equipment.

BillCarson

Now, it's dead in the water one minute and then I power cycle it and sometimes it works but mainly it doesn't.  I'm afraid the OBi110 is a piece of junk