[S]Help!!! Cannot dial out - keep getting error 500...

Started by Robert.Thompson, February 21, 2012, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

What do I need to do? Is my OBi broken?

Edit: I will try power off/ power on.


Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

Do you really expect to get any meaningful help without giving any more information than error 500?

Error 500 means : Internal Server Error

Robert.Thompson

#2
Quote from: RonR on February 21, 2012, 12:34:33 PM
Do you really expect to get any meaningful help without giving any more information than error 500?

Error 500 means : Internal Server Error


Sorry, I didn't know.

My Obi is at my test site north of Montreal.

The user there just told me that he was getting error 500.

What do you need to know & I will try to get it.

Sorry, again.

EDIT: Last night I went into VoIP.ms and configured my account to use their 'Premium' service - could this be the problem?


Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

When a problem occurs, one of the first things to look at is the OBi Call History.  Look at the number that was dialed and the number that was sent.  Was the number sent to the correct service provider and was the number sent in the exact format required by that service provider?

Next log into that service provider and look at the Call History there.  Is the call listed and if so, is there any information about what happened with that call?

Is this the only service provider that calls are failing on?

Was this service provider working in the past and have any changes been made to the OBi in the interim?

Have you contacted the service provider to see if their logs give a reason for the failure?

Robert.Thompson

Thanks Ron.

I contacted VoIP.ms and their end is OK.

I'll try to 'TeamViewer' my self up north to see what I can find.

Thanks again.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: RonR on February 21, 2012, 12:59:44 PM
When a problem occurs, one of the first things to look at is the OBi Call History.  Look at the number that was dialed and the number that was sent.  Was the number sent to the correct service provider and was the number sent in the exact format required by that service provider?

Next log into that service provider and look at the Call History there.  Is the call listed and if so, is there any information about what happened with that call?

Is this the only service provider that calls are failing on?

Was this service provider working in the past and have any changes been made to the OBi in the interim?

Have you contacted the service provider to see if their logs give a reason for the failure?


This OBi worked fine last week, using only SP2 - VoIP.ms. He did not try SP1, Gmail.

Here is a sample of the call log showing him trying to call the same number, once just dialing & once demanding SP2. SP2 is Primary. The problem is the same: the call connects and then 5 to 6 seconds later it ends.

<CallHistory date="2/20/2012" time="17:45:34">
  <Terminal id="PHONE1" dir="Outbound">
    <Peer name="" number="**215148452525"/>
    <Event time="17:45:34">New Call</Event>
  </Terminal>
  <Terminal id="SP2" dir="Outbound">
    <Peer name="" number="15148452525"/>
    <Event time="17:45:43">Call Connected</Event>
    <Event time="17:45:51">End Call</Event>
  </Terminal>

</CallHistory>
<CallHistory date="2/20/2012" time="17:42:27">
  <Terminal id="PHONE1" dir="Outbound">
    <Peer name="" number="15148452525"/>
    <Event time="17:42:27">New Call</Event>
  </Terminal>
  <Terminal id="SP2" dir="Outbound">
    <Peer name="" number="15148452525"/>
    <Event time="17:42:41">Call Connected</Event>
    <Event time="17:42:53">End Call</Event>
  </Terminal>

Note: The above 2 calls do not appear on the VoIP.ms log.

VoIP.ms says that things are fine at their end and, also, that switching to their Premium service does not require an OBi change. (Good thing because I didn't change any OBi setting after I switched to Premium.)

Does anyone know why the calls are ending after about 5 seconds?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

Why do think there is a SIP error 500?  A SIP error 500 comes from the service provider.  If VOIP.ms isn't seeing any SIP error 500 occurring and there is none showing in the log, where did you come up with this error?

It's a whole lot better to post a screen shot of the Call History rather than a bunch of XML.

Robert.Thompson

#7
Quote from: RonR on February 21, 2012, 06:25:31 PM
Why do think there is a SIP error 500?  A SIP error 500 comes from the service provider.  If VOIP.ms isn't seeing any SIP error 500 occurring and there is none showing in the log, where did you come up with this error?

It's a whole lot better to post a screen shot of the Call History rather than a bunch of XML.


Sorry, again, I just gave you a sample.

10:23 am Feb 22: I just chatted with VoIP.ms again and they said that the problem was at their end - yesterday they said that all was fine.

I am very, very sorry that I wasted your time and tested your patience.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com