News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forum Registration Problem

Started by gjseven, February 06, 2013, 08:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjseven

After setting up my Obi110 using the Obitalk web portal and expert configuration, I then tried to register for this forum.  I entered a forum name and the Obitalk password that I logged into the web portal with.  I got an error saying that it was an incorrect password for my account email address.  But I entered (several tries) the very same password that I logged into Obitalk with.

So what I had to do was create a second Obitalk web portal account and I was able to register and log into the forum that way. 

However, I would prefer to be able to login to this forum from my primary account which I use for device configuration.  I did not add the Obi device to this second account, which I am using only for forum purposes.  I'd like to delete this second account if I can successfully login to the forum from my first account.

Any ideas what could be preventing my primary account from being able to register for this forum?

I don't understand how I can login ok but yet have forum registration rejected when I use the very same password.  I obviously am using the right registration process since I was able to register for the forum on my second account.

---
P.S.  As a new user, I'd like to say that I am very impressed with the helpful quality of information and expertise on this forum.  And I'm very pleased with the usefulness of my new Obi110.

QBZappy

gjseven,

Hey welcome,

Send OBi support a copy of this post. They can help you with this. They are the site admin.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gjseven

Thanks, QBZappy, will do.  Should I remove my post since it may be off-topic to this Day-to-Day Use section?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gjseven

Contacted Obi support as suggested by QBZappy.  The problem was that my account login password was too long.  It worked ok to log me into Obitalk but apparently forum registration requires a shorter password.