News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 - Poisoning Network on a Regular basis

Started by dots, February 22, 2012, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frovingslosh

Have a new Obi, just reading the forums to try to get up to speed. Great piece of information; thanks RonR for posting the answer. Not yet having this problem, but I sure want my device running at the faster full duplex speed.

david3

I have an obi110 and I've made the change to 100mbps full duplex, but I still have trouble with it poisoning the network.

I find if I disconnect the power for more than a few seconds, when I power it back up, within a few minutes to a few hours, the network activity light on the obi110 goes nuts and I can no longer access its webpage or even ping the device.  I don't know what it's doing.

At this point, I have to unplug it or pull the network cable for about 10 seconds until it reboots, and then before it breaks again, do a factory reset and restore my settings.  Then it seems fine again until it loses power.  Warm reboots are fine.

I've noticed this for a few years now.  I also have an obi100 and don't experience this problem with it.