News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with OBI and GV

Started by ziprun, March 07, 2011, 11:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziprun

Set up OBI w/ GV telephone number.  All outgoing calls work fine.  On incoming calls to my GV number it always ask for 4 DIGIT PIN.

How can callers call into my GV number w/o this 4 digit pin requirement?

biomesh

If you configured the Obi via the device admin page (not the portal) make sure you check X_SkipCallScreening on the SP1/SP2 service config page.

ziprun

two options available under SP1 Voice Services, Default and x-skipcallscreening (this is checked), submitted and rebooted to test, but still same result.

On income call to GV number it is asking for 4 digit pin.

Thanks.

jimates

Is the pin request coming from GV or from the Obi AA.
If you checked the Ignore Circle of Trust for New Calls then all calls will go to the AA instead of only those in the Circle of Trust.

ziprun

The pin request is from Google on all incoming calls, it stops and ask for the 4 digit pin, and then if entered, you get the various options, i.e. 2 for dialing out a number.

I am trying to disable that feature so incoming calls ring on my phone as they should.

I have double checked the sp1 setting and made sure to select according to the first suggestion but this has had no change.

Thanks for the help.

jimates

If the request is from google it has nothing to do with the Obi. Is this for all callers or are you calling into your GV number from one of your forwarding phones.

Only your forwarding phones on GV should get asked for your pin, unless  you press * during the announcement.

Once a call comes into the obi there is a call screening feature that can be on or off. But that is only after the phone rings and you answer it.

ziprun

jimates--- FIXED- thanks for your help, you're right on.

grohl

How exactly did you fix this?  This is my current issue.  I want to be able to call home on occasion from my forwarded phone without hearing the pin request.

edit:  ok, figured it out.  For each mobile number that I was forwarding calls to, I checked "no" on advanced GV settings for the call to go straight to VM.  That is what you guys are referring to above,