News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED - service for the # u dialed has not been established

Started by cumberland8, February 25, 2012, 05:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cumberland8

My Obi110 has been working fine for a few weeks with my google voice number. Suddenly I cannot receive calls. The caller gets the message "service for the # u dialed has not been established". If I disconnect my Obi then my google voice number works properly. I have updated my firmware today, after this problem started, and I have cycled the power on my Obi, but the problem persists.

When someone calls, although they get that error message, my phone tells me I missed a call, but it doesn't ring and the caller is unable to leave a message.

So it seems that the error message originates from my Obi, after the call has been received by the Obi, and after the Obi has sent a signal to my phone.

RonR

Quote from: cumberland8 on February 25, 2012, 05:56:35 PM
The caller gets the message "service for the # u dialed has not been established".

That's not a message that I've ever seen reported coming from an OBi.  Is the voice male or female?  OBi messages are from a male voice.  Google Voice messages are from a female voice.

Quote from: cumberland8 on February 25, 2012, 05:56:35 PM
When someone calls, although they get that error message, my phone tells me I missed a call, but it doesn't ring and the caller is unable to leave a message.

That doesn't make a lot of sense.  The way a phone knows it missed a call is for it to ring and not have anyone answer it.

cumberland8

If someone calls me Obi-to-Obi, they get the same error message.

Yes, I know it sounds illogical, but I've confirmed that everything I've said is correct.

cumberland8

For the sake of completeness, I can make calls through the Obi with no problems.

Stewart

On a failing incoming call, what, if anything, shows in Call History?

cumberland8

The call log on my phone shows the number of the caller, if that's what you mean.

Stewart

If you log into the OBi directly, at the IP address reported by dialing ***1 (with default password of "admin" or the password shown on OBiTalk portal), go to Status -> Call History.  Report what, if anything, is logged after a failing inbound call is attempted.

cumberland8

Thanks. That did it. I could see what was wrong.

In a nutshell - I had set up call forwarding to a number that no longer works for some reason. Now that I've cleared the forwarding everything is fine.

After I set up the forwarding I didn't test to make sure it was working correctly. Then I forgot about it and since I don't receive many calls it took a while for someone to report the problem.

Thanks again for your help.