News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

RESOLVED - line stays engaged - OBi110

Started by rjbourassa, February 26, 2012, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjbourassa

RESOLVED
Obihai's tech support was incredibly helpful in helping me troubleshoot this issue. At the end of my call with them, they advised that the device appeared to be defective due to what was happening on the line port. They suggested I return it for a replacement.

After hanging up with support, I reviewed all we had tried and discussed and realized I had caused the entire problem with some crossed wires on a phone line splitter. After correcting my wiring mistake, all worked just fine and as advertised. Of course, tech support had no way of knowing about my wiring mixup. Still, the steps they took me through (very patiently, I might add) ultimately enabled me to find the problem and correct it.

thank you very much for the great support and apologies for taking up your time.
rjb

------------------
Hello all,

Just hooked up an OBi110 today with freshly downloaded firmware. Have a VOIPo line configured on it and I'm running into problems.

VOIPo is set to ring the VOIPo number for about 30 seconds and then, if no answer, forward the call over to my cell phone.

When the number is called, if I answer from the OBi phone and then hang up... all is just fine.

If I don't answer from the OBi phone and it rolls over to my cell phone, the OBi phone line stays engaged as if the phone were in use and it can't accept additional calls until I power cycle the OBi110 unit. The OBi doesn't seem to recognize that the call was not answered locally but has stopped ringing.

This setup worked just fine with VOIPo's ATA before I replaced it. Any thoughts?

thanks very much for any help!
rjb