News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firewall

Started by talk, March 09, 2011, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talk

Hello,

I got my obi110 and started to install it. I tried adding the device to the dashboard and it kept timing out without recognizing the device. I finally lowered the security level on the firewall and it immediately got added to the dashboard.

I have also found out that the obi only works if the firewall is set to no security.

My question is that is there any way I can get the obi to work without lowering the firewall security level.

I have also read about the DMZ and would definitely appreciate any info on adding the obi to the DMZ. Please note that I am a non-tech person and would appreciate instructions in English(as opposed to tech lingo).

thx

QBZappy

Hi,

You might have to do some port forwarding in your router. You can refer to this thread for a discussion on port forwarding. Some details on which ports need to be forwarded.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=145.msg506#msg506
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

You didn't meantion what operating system you are using and if the firewall is part of it or is a third-party product.  FWIW, I run Windows 7 x64 with the built-in firewall at default settings and I've not found a need to change any settings or place the OBi110 in the router's DMZ.

Since last Sunday's scheduled maintenance, a number of users, myself included, are unable to use the web portal as it shows us offline.  This is a known problem that is currently being worked on.

talk

Quote from: RonR on March 09, 2011, 11:19:02 AM
You didn't meantion what operating system you are using and if the firewall is part of it or is a third-party product.  FWIW, I run Windows 7 x64 with the built-in firewall at default settings and I've not found a need to change any settings or place the OBi110 in the router's DMZ.

Since last Sunday's scheduled maintenance, a number of users, myself included, are unable to use the web portal as it shows us offline.  This is a known problem that is currently being worked on.

Forgot to mention, the firewall I was talking about is the router firewall where I had to downgrade the security level to get the obi talking to the internet. The router is a westell 7501 aka the verizon router 7501.

Howie

I have the same router, and am encountering the same issue.  If the security is set to anything besides NONE, the obi110 will not make or receive calls.

I was hoping to set the security to Medium, but it won't allow custom changes to allow for certain ports to remain open.