News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

wrong Obi Number in ObiTalk

Started by zablock, March 07, 2011, 01:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zablock

I just received my Obi110 today and I have it all set up and working with my Google Voice account.  It can make and receive calls fine (hooray).

I registered for my ObiTalk account a couple days ago to make sure it would be activated by the time I got my actual Obi device, since I heard the registrations were only being accepted manually.  My account was activated in no time, but upon first login, it had a completely random 9 digit Obi number on the My Obi Endpoints section of the ObiTalk account, that I did not put in.  I didn't even have my Obi at that point, so I figured it would fix itself once I activated my Obi.  I've now received and am using my Obi, and the number is still the same, which is not the number on the bottom of my Obi device.

So my question is, does this even matter, if so, how did it happen, and how can I change the number in my ObiTalk page, to reflect my actual Obi Number on the bottom of my device.

Thank you very much.

jimates

every Obitalk account is assigned a number that corresponds to a softphone. then you can add other devices to the account. if you install the Obion app on a PC or Smartphone you can use your same log in info with that app and the softphone number assigned when you registered will be the number for that app. All Obi numbers in your account are automatically in your circle of trust.