News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make any outgoing calls at all

Started by Guru, February 27, 2012, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guru

I just get a fast busy.  Sometimes I get a very short ring followed by a fast busy.

I can call my google voice number and the phone will ring with no issue at all.  But when I try to dial out on the phone connected to my Obi it is a fast busy every single time.  Can't make a single call out at all.

I have tried disconnecting and rebooting the unit as well as reattaching my google voice number and nothing is working.  I also cleared out my voicemail box on Google Voice.

Please help.  Is there anyway to contact the company for phone support on this even?

tekrat

ez-obi

I also am having the same problem. For a couple of weeks I was able to call out. All of a sudden I cannot even call my own Cell Phone. I am certainlly not usinging my Cell Phone at the moment. I think something happened at Obi's end or Google's end.

mike001

Ya same here can call in, but fast busy when trying to dial out.  ???

RonR

Nothing else is needed to make Google Voice calls but the OBi and a Google Voice account (i.e. nothing at Obihai's end is involved).

Can you make outgoing calls to the echo test server by dialing **9 222 222 222?

AQAA

The test server does not connect for me, "no service to complete the call"

mike001

I have always had to push a * before any number so ***9 222 222 222 works for me and I have had google working in the past. It is wierd that it isn't today.

It is just the outgoing calls, not the incoming.

mike001

Quote from: AQAA on February 27, 2012, 01:21:16 PM
The test server does not connect for me, "no service to complete the call"

Do your incoming calls work?
Have you had it working in the past?

zimzim

I have the same problem.  My line dropped during a call about an hour ago.  I can't dial out.  I have the same problem trying to call out using gmail.  I can call the Obi Test number from the line.  Obviously, there is a problem with Google Voice.  How do we report that to Google?

Only1Kitty

Mine just started having the same issue.  I can make calls from GV, and I can receive calls, but I can not make calls via my obi.

I was able to call the test line, and I was able to make a call from the GV app on my android phone.  I have not been able to call from gmail, or the obi.  Maybe the issue really is with google, but I'm not seeing any reports of it.

RonR

Upon further investigation, it appears Google Voice is in the middle of a big failure.  Calls can't be made from the Google Voice web page, TalkaTone on iPhones, SipBri (who provides a SIP interface to Google Voice accounts), etc.  It appears every Google Voice application is unable to make calls at the moment, not just the OBi.

Joelh1

Same issue...

No outgoing (get fast busy)
Incoming works fine.

mike001

ez-obi

I can make outgoing calls again as well. Stange coinsidence that the Obitalk forem was down for a while after Goggle Voice was down.  Everything seems to be back online again.

AQAA

All is well again, first time in a year it had a glitch for me.

ibotalk

i am unable to make outgoing calls on phone--- though my google voice connection works via the computer
i am getting the message noted above "there is no service available..." when calling the same number
this is true also for 9 222 222 222

RonR

Quote from: ibotalk on February 28, 2012, 10:49:29 AM

You should be dialing **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach the echo test using that number?

Can you log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1?

If so, what does the System Status page that comes up show for:

SP1 Service Status -> Status

OBiTALK Service Status -> Status

Stewart

Quote from: ibotalk on February 28, 2012, 10:49:29 AM
i am unable to make outgoing calls on phone--- though my google voice connection works via the computer
i am getting the message noted above "there is no service available..." when calling the same number
Pick up phone attached to OBi, dial ***1.  Do you hear an IP address?  If not, check connection to your router.  If so, access that address from your browser; password is "admin" (without the quotes), or the password shown on OBiTalk portal.  Under Status, System Status, what is shown under SP1 Service Status and OBiTALK Service Status?

ibotalk

thanks for your response---
**9 222 222 222
has the same problem ("no line....")
this is info you mention
under  SP1 service status is

Status   Resolving DNS   
PrimaryProxyServer      
SecondaryProxyServer      
CallState   0 Active Calls   

and under OBi TALK Service status  is
Status   Backing Off