News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Don't see connection status on Google Voice Setup

Started by Gussy, April 13, 2012, 12:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gussy

I cannot call out of the new phone (says no line) and I cannot receive calls (just rings).  I do not see any status on the status indicator...nothing is displayed except the "Google Voice Account".  I have tested my Google Phone account and it is working.

jimates

If you mean the message is a male voice telling you there is no service available, that means the SP route you are trying to use is not connected. This could be improper configuration in the Obi or not signed in to the google account.

If it is a female voice, that comes from google, and usually means the number was not dialed/delivered in proper format.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Gussy on April 13, 2012, 12:13:05 AMI have tested my Google Phone account and it is working.

Did you go into the associated Gmail account and make at least one outgoing call by clicking on the phone icon in the left-hand menu and then using the popup dial pad?  After that, did you set the destination for Google Voice calls to Google Chat?
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Gussy

Yes, I've tried calling from Google and it worked.  And yes, it is a male voice.  When you look at the main screen you don't see any status at all.  It doesn't say Backing Off or Connected.  Nothing, but it has the green light.