News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 not working - getting "there is no service available" message

Started by Kimberley, March 01, 2012, 06:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimberley

Have been having this problem for days...help?

I get a dial tone when I pick up the phone but cannot receive or make a call with it.  I realized a couple of days ago that my cell was ringing when gv number called but the cordless was not.  I unplugged and plugged the obi back in and phone started working again.  Checked again this morning and getting the same message- there is no service available.  Home endpoint was in an inactive status with a firmware update required icon.  So, I manually applied the update but it came back telling me it was already applied.  After a few minutes, however, the status on home went to green.  I have another endpoint of a softphone with status of inactive.  I don't think this has been working since the day after I installed it but just took me awhile to realize it.  Original install went flawlessly...

Help?

Stewart

Can you reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222?

If you dial ***1, do you hear an IP address?  If so, can you log into the OBi at that address (password is admin, or as shown on OBiTalk portal)?  If you get logged in, what does System Status show for SP1 Service Status?  For OBiTALK Service Status?

Kimberley

Stewart,

I can do the ***1 - used that to apply the update.  I can log in.  SP1 says soft phone and is inactive, SP2 says home and right now shows inactive - after applying the update yesterday it was showing as active. The google voice number associated with SP2 shows connected.

Cannot dial **9 222 222 222 - get the no service available message.  If I unplug the unit it works right after i plug it back in but then eventually the no service available message returns. 

Stewart

Quote from: Kimberley on March 02, 2012, 06:10:30 AMSP1 says soft phone and is inactive, SP2 says home and right now shows inactive - after applying the update yesterday it was showing as active.
I don't understand what you are posting -- my OBi doesn't have any entries like that.  On the Status->System Status page, there should be sections labeled SP1 Service Status, SP2 Service Status and OBiTALK Service Status.  In each of these sections, there is a Status line.  The Value column should show something like Normal, Registered, Disabled, etc.  Please post the three Status lines for your unit, shortly after cycling power (when it's working) and again after it has started to fail.

Kimberley

Whoops - sorry - misread your request and went to the wrong location!  Let me try again..

Just attempted to get system active again and no luck..also looks like the last actual call that connected was on 2/23.  I was incorrect earlier - I was not able to make a call last night after rebooting. 

Current status messages are
SP Service Status 1 - Connecting to 209.85.145.125
SP Service Status 2 - not configured
OBiTalk Service Status - Backing Off (over TCP)

Thanks!

Stewart

Given that the device can't connect to either GV or OBiTalk servers, I'd suspect a general Internet connectivity issue.  Try powering off modem, separate router (if any) and OBi.  Power up modem, wait for it to come ready, then router and finally the OBi.  If no luck, post make/model of modem and router, and note any special settings (static IP, firewall, port forwarding, etc.)

Kimberley

That did it...  thank you!

Actually I believe I had to power off/on my router a couple of weeks ago....that could be the culprit...didn't think to reset the Obi but will going forward.

Thank you so much for your help!  Have more knowledge on how to troubleshoot in the future.

Thank you again!

JavaPop

Quote from: Stewart on March 01, 2012, 08:16:09 PM
Can you reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222?

If you dial ***1, do you hear an IP address?  If so, can you log into the OBi at that address (password is admin, or as shown on OBiTalk portal)?  If you get logged in, what does System Status show for SP1 Service Status?  For OBiTALK Service Status?

I am having the same identical problem; however, the echo test is working fine, and I can get the IP address with no problem. I'm using ATT DSL, and a Westell 327W modem, my Obi device is a 110 I did try powering down my modem, and Obi, and starting the modem first, then the Obi. Status shows green, but still getting a "there is no service available" message

Any other suggestions?

JavaPop

Looks like my problem was due to changing GV password... I updated, and it works fine now!

Kimberley

Spoke too soon....same issue just happened again....stops working.  Looks like this is not going to work for me...  too bad cause it is a great idea...

Stewart

Quote from: Kimberley on March 02, 2012, 08:27:08 PM
Spoke too soon....same issue just happened again....stops working.
There is probably a simple settings change that will make it stable.

As a start, try RonR's suggestion here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0 .

If you still have trouble, post make and model of modem and router.

Kimberley

Thanks again Stewart...I will try that.  Decided to switch to a static IP address based on some other posts I was reading.  Got it working again - will see if it is working tomorrow.  I agree - has to be a setting so will play around with it some more.  Will definitely post make/models tomorrow if still having issues..

Thanks!

Aimos

Quote from: Stewart on March 02, 2012, 08:44:56 PM
Quote from: Kimberley on March 02, 2012, 08:27:08 PM
Spoke too soon....same issue just happened again....stops working.
There is probably a simple settings change that will make it stable.

As a start, try RonR's suggestion here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0 .

If you still have trouble, post make and model of modem and router.

Hi Stewart, I just bought my Obi110 this week and it was working fine until we had to reset our modem (cisco dpc3010) & router (net gear wnr2000).  I've tried everything here and finally deleted the device.  I tried to add the device several times, but it just won't connect.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

mike_forum

Hello,

Hellp.  I also get this message.   I have rebooted the modem, router and ob110 device.

"there is no service available" message

Stewart

Troubleshooting "no service available" problems.

First, try the echo test at **9 222 222 222.  If that works, the problem is likely with the setup for GV or other provider, though it could be caused by corrupted state in device, router or modem; try powering off all devices, then bring up modem, router and OBi, in that order.

If the echo test fails, check whether you can access the OBi at the IP address given by dialing ***1.  You could also check whether the indicator light on your router for the port in question comes on, or whether the OBi appears in the router's list of attached devices.  In some cases, setting 100 Mbps full duplex http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0 or setting a static IP address for the OBi (with proper netmask, gateway and DNS servers) will help.

If the device remains inaccessible, reset to factory settings (and reconfiguring) may bring it back to life. 

Kimberley

Stewart,

Well the static ip worked for a day but have had to reboot twice this am.  I just updated the system to your last suggestion in the link - I'll see how that goes.

FYI - my cable modem is a Scientific American from Time Warner and my router is a Linksys Wireless-G.

Kim

mike_forum

Hello,

I have tried to reboot, i.e. power off all three devices, modem, router and ob110.
I have also reset the obi with a paper clip.

Only two lights come on with green on the obi110 device.

It now works when I call, buti I need to dial a 1 + phone number.

It is working, but not as well as last week.

What is a firmware update,  there is a triangle with exclamation mark on my obi110.
When I log in to web site.

RonR

Quote from: mike_forum on March 05, 2012, 10:12:10 AM
Only two lights come on with green on the obi110 device.

If the PHONE Port LED is not lit, it means your PrimaryLine service provider is not in the Connected state.

If the LINE Port LED is not lit, it means your PSTN line is not connected or operational.

It now works when I call, buti I need to dial a 1 + phone number.

How would you like to be able to dial (7-digits/10-digits/11-digits/etc.)?

What is a firmware update,  there is a triangle with exclamation mark on my obi110.
When I log in to web site.

A firmware update is new internal software for the OBi.  It's usually a good idea to update the OBi's firmware whenever a new version is available as it typically adds new features and/or fixes problems.

mike_forum

Hello,

Can you please let me know how to performe a firmware update.  How difficult is this action item.

Thank you.

Also, Do I need to go back in to menu to add new device after firmware update.

RonR

Quote from: mike_forum on March 05, 2012, 12:10:46 PM
Can you please let me know how to performe a firmware update.  How difficult is this action item.

Simply dial : ***6

Quote from: mike_forum on March 05, 2012, 12:10:46 PM
Also, Do I need to go back in to menu to add new device after firmware update.

Nothing should be changed after a firmware update.