News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with call forwarding to a fax machine

Started by dlsmith, March 02, 2012, 05:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlsmith

Quote from: Denis on March 09, 2012, 02:37:30 PM
I work for Anveo. FAX is very sensitive to timing and each call forwarding adds an extra point of failure and makes faxing more difficult. Here is a path that each FAX will take if you forward from Anveo to HELLO FAX PSTN # .
SENDING FAX MACHINE ----> POTS ----> VOIP CARRIER ---> ANVEO ---> VOIP CARRIER---> [POTS may or may not happen depending of the carrier and the switch center] ---> VOIP  ---> HELLO FAX
If you receive FAX @ Anveo point than you will get a decent success rate. But the path to HELLO FAX is pretty much doubled.  I would try to avoid forwarding calls to Hello FAX PSTN number and instead I suggest you contact Hello Fax and ask them to give SIP Access for your account so you can forward calls from Anveo to their system using SIP. This way the extra path will be cut in more than in half because Anveo will send calls directly to their servers and you will still get a decent fax success rate.

Thanks Denis -- I will contact HelloFax and see if they can give me SIP access. Anveo would be a good service for me if I can get this to work.

jimates

Quote from: Redwood on March 11, 2012, 10:16:37 AM
Quote from: jimates on March 06, 2012, 12:33:38 AM
Quote from: Rick on March 05, 2012, 09:37:51 AM

And there is no guarantee that every baud rate modem is going to work the same. I have ReplayTV with modems that dial in for programming and I tried for days trying to get it to work.
I did get it to work with NetTalk but even then I had to find the right combination of baud rate and destination number. It won't connect to just every number in the list, I had to find the right one.

I have a Panasonic Showstopper (replay tv) just got the OBi100, and altho working fine for phones.. my Showstopper hasn't completed a guide download... very dissapointed so far... guess I will try different phone #'s?

any suggestion?  thanks

Redwood,

I never was successful in getting my Showstopper to connect through Google Voice. I had got the NetTalk Duo after dropping my land line, before I got my Obi, and invested much time finding the correct combination of modem rate and phone number to make it work. After getting the Obi I tried for some time to get it to work but could not, I had to stay with the NetTalk Duo.