News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 vs Cisco SPA2102, etc How does the OBi 110 compare to other products?

Started by WeAreNotAlone, March 03, 2012, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeAreNotAlone

For all you VOIP experts...

Usage: Get rid of expense of landline (hardly ever use it). Plan on using GoogleVoice- would like ability for cellphones /VOIP phone to ring when one or the other is called. Would like (2) lines if possible. Ability to get a transcript of the call.

How does the OBi 110 compare to other products on the market?

Besides the features aspect of the OBi110 to other products on the market I'm wondering about is how "robust", how well made the hardware is, how well thought out the software is.

Anyone in the repair /IT field compared the internals, the build quality/Failure rate of the OBi110's to other products on the market?

Is Obi Tech Inc known for issuing firmware updates quickly?

Note I am a fan of the little /new guy,hence why I placed a order for the OBi110 but I'm wondering if something like a Cisco SPA2102, etc might be a better choice in the long run.

Maybe another way to say the above, for you long term VOIP users... Would you buy a OBi110 again, or go with something else?

jimates

The Obi is the only ATA that can be configured to use google voice directly.

The Obi can have 2 services (or more depending on service provider) but can only handle one single line telephone.  You can only have one call in session from the phone port.

I have 3 Obi110's and will recommend the Obi to anyone.