News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new OBI110, 1 google voice account, outgoing calls fine, NO incoming calls

Started by DAVEHH, March 07, 2012, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVEHH

I cannot call the GV number on obi110. The calling party hears a ring on GV number, no ring on OBI110. If left enough to ring, GV voice answering kicks in.

I am using standard settings in OBI for GV.
I would appreciate advice on where to look rather than to reset OBI110 to factory config.

I have the latest firmware version.

Stewart

Make sure that you don't have anything else logged into the GV account (Gmail, Talkatone, GrooveIP, etc.), since that could be "stealing" the call.

Otherwise, see troubleshooting tips in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2728.0 .

DAVEHH

Google chat was checked - I unchecked it. Now, all I get is the voice mail.
I checked all other settings in GV, and they appear correct.
I checked the suggested topic also and still no avail.

DAVEHH

I checked other topics on your site and it appears google chat has to be checked in GV account for the phone to ring.
I do not have anything else enabled in the GV account.
If I enable google chat, GV phone on oBI does not ring.

Stewart

Google Chat must of course be checked; you must also have made a successful call from Gmail.  Please report your results from troubleshooting, as described in the other thread.  In case you didn't see them:

Log into a failing OBi directly and see what shows, if anything, in Call History after a failed inbound attempt.

If nothing is logged, shut down the OBi, log into the account with Gmail and retest.  If that doesn't ring, either, then this is obviously not an OBi-related issue.  If Gmail rings ok, log out of Gmail and do a test with OBi connected directly to modem (or otherwise confirm that the problem is not router related).

If the call does appear in Call History, where was it routed?  If not to the Phone port, check InboundCallRoute for the SPx in question.  If it was sent to PH, perhaps this is a ringing voltage, waveform, frequency or cadence issue.  Try answering a call when it should be ringing.

DAVEHH

I believe my issue is gateway related. I have one from att the motorola nvg510 and I encounter all kinds of issues with network. This "advanced gateway" is very limiting in many respects.

What ports need to be opened for google voice to work on incoming calls: 5060, 5061, 3478 or which ones?

Thanks,

tamishouse

I have a similar issue recently. I found this on the FAQ

TCP/UDP Ports your Firewall should not block
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please allow the following ports for outgoing:
TCP: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP: 5060, 5061, 16600 to 16998
Allow Incoming on 10000

tamishouse

The ports opening did not work for me. I was working just fine a few days ago. I wonder if Google has changed something?

Outbound calling is fine, inbound it rings but when answered it gets dead air on the receiver side and the caller side it gets GV voicemail message. I even changed the GV account password thinking that it would logoff any open session with google but that does not seem to help.

tamishouse

Here is my call record on the Obihai unit

Call 1 03/08/2012    16:28:53 
Terminal ID GoogleVoice1 PHONE1
Peer Name   
Peer Number 1xxxxxxxxxx 
Direction Inbound Inbound
16:28:53 Ringing 
16:29:14  Call Connected
16:29:18 End Call

TimmyP

Same exact problem here: Inbound calls to Google Voice number do not ring the attached handset but do show up in the OBI call log. The caller hears the ring back tones for 30 seconds or so and then a beep and dead air. Looking at the OBI logs for this device through the "expert interface" on the OBI site, I see the calls. Tried to call from several numbers and all behave exactly. Outbound calls work perfectly.

Phone ringer parameters are set to 20 Hz, 70 Volts, sinusoidal wave form.

Also, the OBI attendant does not come on the line for the line that is included in the trusted caller set.

RonR

TimmyP,

Can you answer an incoming call even though the phone isn't ringing?

Try the following to test the OBi's ability to ring the phone attached to the PHONE Port:

1. Dial **0

2. When prompted, press 3 to enter a callback number

3. Dial 0#

4. When the Auto Attendant says Goodbye, hang up

The Auto Attendant should call the OBi PHONE Port.

TimmyP

OK. Tried this on one of the lines on my account ( but not the one with the known problem ) and the call back worked 1 time. 5 other trials the procedure seemed to work, getting all the proper responses, but no ring back on the phone.

Tim

RonR

Quote from: TimmyP on March 22, 2012, 12:24:02 PM
OK. Tried this on one of the lines on my account ( but not the one with the known problem ) and the call back worked 1 time. 5 other trials the procedure seemed to work, getting all the proper responses, but no ring back on the phone.

Sorry, but I can't decipher your response.

I assume you are having trouble with one particular OBi.  I don't understand the responses about accounts and lines.

TimmyP

Sorry for the confusion. There are 3 OBi's on my account. 2 are remote from me right now and one of the remote boxes is not able to receive ( ring the handset ) even though the call shows in the device's log.

So just to play, I tried the **O call back using the device that is next to me. It rang the first time I tried and the next 5 attempts, my phone did not ring back and the 5 missing call backs did not show up in the OBi's log.  All 6 **O calls gave me the same voice prompts from OBi server and ended with a good by, thanks for using OBi technology.
So this malfunction on O# call back may be a different issue as the return call did not show in the call logs when it failed. The original "no ring" problem has the missing calls showing in the device's log as shown using the OBi website.

Reading some others posts, it seems that trusted caller MAY have been an issue for certain cases. I have a trusted caller  ( daughter's cell phone number ) set on this account and have removed and added this number. Also, adding or removing the trusted caller number has no effect on the OBi voice attendant during an inbound call from her cell phone.

Tim

RonR

Quote from: TimmyP on March 22, 2012, 12:49:36 PM
So just to play, I tried the **O call back using the device that is next to me. It rang the first time I tried and the next 5 attempts, my phone did not ring back and the 5 missing call backs did not show up in the OBi's log.  All 6 **O calls gave me the same voice prompts from OBi server and ended with a good by, thanks for using OBi technology.
So this malfunction on O# call back may be a different issue as the return call did not show in the call logs when it failed. The original "no ring" problem has the missing calls showing in the device's log as shown using the OBi website.

The Auto Attendant callback feature will not work on subsequent attempts if you do not hang up from the Auto Attendant and dial **0 again to start the process over.  There is a bug in the Auto Attendent that causes callbacks to fail when issued from a callback.  Obihai has chosen to ignore several reports to them about this and has not fixed the problem.

Quote from: TimmyP on March 22, 2012, 12:49:36 PM
Reading some others posts, it seems that trusted caller MAY have been an issue for certain cases. I have a trusted caller  ( daughter's cell phone number ) set on this account and have removed and added this number. Also, adding or removing the trusted caller number has no effect on the OBi voice attendant during an inbound call from her cell phone.

I would suggest you temporarily set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ph

to rule out any possibly that your inability to receive incoming calls via Google Voice is related to Circle-of-Trust issues.  Get incoming calls working reliably before attempting anything else.

TimmyP

Thanks, RonR,
I made the change to :ph for the inbound call route and will try it soon. However I noticed a "red !" after this field before and after setting "ph" to be the device default.
Also there are "red !" marks after skip call screening and the MWI fields.
Any significance to these "!" marks?

BTW I thought I did press "end" on my handset when I answered the first O# return call, AFAIK.

Tim

RonR

Quote from: TimmyP on March 22, 2012, 02:27:12 PM
I made the change to :ph for the inbound call route and will try it soon. However I noticed a "red !" after this field before and after setting "ph" to be the device default.
Also there are "red !" marks after skip call screening and the MWI fields.
Any significance to these "!" marks?

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

Quote from: TimmyP on March 22, 2012, 02:27:12 PM
BTW I thought I did press "end" on my handset when I answered the first O# return call, AFAIK.

You should be able to repeat this sequence reliably any number of times (starting with a fresh dialtone each time):

1. Dial **0

2. When prompted, press 3 to enter a callback number

3. Dial 0#

4. When the Auto Attendant says Goodbye, hang up

The Auto Attendant should call the OBi PHONE Port.

TimmyP

Thanks RonR,

It seems that since I set the parameter to ph, the remote phone is now ringing, at lest it did it once when Daughter called her Husband this AM. Hopefully this has solved the problem.

Tim

TimmyP

Well it worked for a few days and recently an inbound call did not ring but the call did show in the log and went to Google voice mail.

I read the link to gave me ( THANKS!) talking about expert configuration "stuff" and am a little confused. Possibly I am reading too much into it.

In the expert configuration pages there are 2 columns: "device default" and "obitalk settings".

As I understand it, if the box for "obitalk settings" is checked, the device will follow the settings for the device as entered on the www.obitalk.com portal????  Correct??

What settings are active in the device if "device default" is Checked??

What settings are active if neither of the boxes are checked?

If I make a manual change to a field in the expert configuration mode, how does it get pushed to the device? and which, if any, of the "default device" or "ObiTalk Settings" boxes are checked?

Another confusion: I have some red !. next to , for example, CallerIDName. If I check the ObiTakl Settings box for this parameter and then click "revert all to ObiTalk defaults", I would expect the CallerIDName would sync up and the red! would go away. It does not however, and yes there is an * next to the field. What am I missing???

Tim