News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new OBI110, 1 google voice account, outgoing calls fine, NO incoming calls

Started by DAVEHH, March 07, 2012, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyP

Hi RonR,
Sorry for being so dense.
If I understand the comments in the "official" thread, a value entered in the expert configuration mode will be sent to the device if the "Default Device" and "ObiTalk settings" boxes are unchecked and the submit button is clicked.

Tim

TimmyP

OK I am still struggling with this.

I have  cleared the check boxes on inboundcallroute for "device defaults" and "Obitalk settings", edited the value to "ph" , saved and it worked a few hours later using SP1 - Google Voice- one time, ringing the Obi Attendant and then the attached phone. The next time and all the rest of the times it just rang and rang and finally went to Google Voice Mail.

On a whim, I tried calling the Obi Number directly **9 300 xxx xxx and I got the Obi attendant.
So it looks to me like there is a problem with Google Voice ringing through into the Obi.

Tim

RonR

TimmyP,

Have you considered configuring the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, since those are the only settings that really matter?  The OBiTALK Web Portal is simply an indirect route to configuring your OBi that's more complex, more time consuming, and leaves you not knowing for sure if the OBi has the settings you really want in it.  If you put the desired settings into the OBi itself, you know exactly what you're getting.

TimmyP

Yes I have considered that approach, however that is a last resort. The device is in a foreign country ( 14 time zones away ). I could VPN into it and configure, but the risk of totally screwing it and rendering it non-functional keeps me from doing that.

Ostracus

Stewart

Quote from: carl on March 31, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: TimmyP on March 31, 2012, 09:18:52 AM
The device is in a foreign country ( 14 time zones away ).
14 ?  ???
I doubt that's a typo or a joke.  I'm in Thailand (UTC +7h) and my OBi is in France (UTC +1h + DST).  I consider it to be 18 time zones away. Internet routes through the Middle East are ignored by the tier-one carriers, because of capacity and political instability issues.  A traceroute typically shows routing via Singpore, Los Angeles and Ashburn.  Ping time is nearly 400 ms.  Except for latency, the voice quality is fine.

sboltman

This might help someone.

I noticed I had the same/similar problem:
Outside caller calls my GV number. That routes to the Obi110, and in turn the Obi110 rings my phone. I answer that phone, but for the remote caller, the call is not connected, and instead it still rings, as if unanswered, and eventually hits GV voicemail.

My problem was solved by upgrading my firmware, which was 1.2.X.  Now running 1.3.0 (2690), and remote calls come in and connect just fine.