News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disable call waiting

Started by Ectoplasmic, March 10, 2012, 07:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ectoplasmic

I have Google Voice on SP1 and an IP phone on SP2 which uses GV. Nothing is connected to the analog port.

If I'm on a call with the IP phone, and another call comes in, I get the call waiting tones. I don't need or want this feature, I'd rather the other caller went straight to voicemail.

I tried setting this:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Calling Features -> CallWaitingEnable = unchecked

But that doesn't seem to do anything. I'm guessing the above is for the analog phone only. Is there a way to disable call waiting with my setup?

Everton

This is a long shot, but what would happen if you set:

Voice Services --> SP1 (and/or Sp2) Services --> MaxSessions =1

on either sp1 or sp2 or both?

Stewart

Your best bet is to turn off call waiting in the IP phone, if that's an available setting.  Otherwise, try setting SP1 Service -> MaxSessions to 1.  The latter method will unfortunately also prevent 3-way calling and call transfer from working.

Ectoplasmic

Thanks for the tips. I was going to try the MaxSessions route, but then I decided to take another look at the IP phone settings. There was no call waiting on/off option that I could find, but there was an option to set the call waiting tone. So I figured out how to make it silent, which was easier said than done, because just clearing the field resulted in a default beep.

So now if I'm in a conference, and someone calls, the phone gives a visible indication with caller id, but there is no noise added to the current call.

Stewart

If the phone is working properly, the call waiting beeps should play only in the earpiece and not go out on the line.  A possible exception is if you have it on speaker and not muted (beep gets picked up by mic and echo cancellation not perfect), but IMO you shouldn't participate in a conference that way.

I believe that you can disable call waiting by Phone tab -> CW Setting: no, though your silent CW scheme is better, since you still get the visible indication and could answer if the call was important enough.