News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound GV call problem - get dead silence when call is answered

Started by TroyB, March 13, 2012, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyB

RonR, SkipCallScreening is already checked in my Obi110 configuration. I agree that this parameter does the "1" press for me automatically, but it's not working anymore. I am thinking of RESETTING the Obi110 box to 100% defaults (again) and then reconfiguring the box from scratch to see if that clears up this issue. I will try that tonight when I get home and then report back.

I have not heard back from Obihai Tech Support yet, but I am sure they are trying to figure out what is going on.

RonR

Quote from: TroyB on March 14, 2012, 12:04:59 PM
I am thinking of RESETTING the Obi110 box to 100% defaults (again) and then reconfiguring the box from scratch to see if that clears up this issue.

That has solved a number of other mysteries in the past.  Please let us know the results.

Agate

RonR, After reviewing my notes, in message  ( http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1909.msg12234#msg12234 ) the obi-support2 Administrator replying to   
Re: Another person in need of help with Google Voice and Obi dropping calls
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »
    "One quick remedy you can try is to enable this option (using OBi expert page on
     the portal, or the device local web page directly):
     ITSP Profile A/B > RTP > X_UseSSL

It might reduce/eliminate false disconnect."

This must be why I set it, as a few of my boxes were experiencing dropped calls.

Looks like GoogleVoice does no support this now.

AndrewH

I just reset my Obi, deleted and readded it in the Obitalk portal, and reconfigured my GV account. Incoming calls still give me silence, but pressing '1' seems to put them through now. This is even with X_SkipCallScreening checked.

TroyB

FYI.. Great News!!! it looks like the Obihai Tech Support team has figured out why this is happening and is working on a new firmware release!!! As follows:

"We will have a new official firmware soon that have fix for this issue. You can check our firmware update (if available) sometime tomorrow, by pressing *** 6 It is not with your OBi's configuration."

Thank you Obihai Tech Support Team!!!   ;D

dvbhardware

I have the same problem for 4-5 days , I did a clean re-install of the obi100 last night and problem returned.
I un-checked X_SkipCallScreening  for GV sp1 and it seem fine now.

Jimmy

AndrewH

Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this problem after applying the new firmware update released today.

TroyB

I just installed the following version of firmware and it resolved the problem I reported at the beginning of this thread. -> 1.3.0 (Build: 2690)

Thank you Obihai !!!   ;D

R_Chandra

I also had this issue (sorry for posting an additional thread).  I did a Web-based factory reset, and reconfigured from scratch (I didn't have a LOT changed from the defaults, so it went fairly quickly), plus the option 27=1 full/100 from the builtin IVR (aa2).  It's been working fairly well since then.  If I restored a config XML made previously, the problem would return.  So GV seems to have changed something slightly, just enough to trick the OBi firmware into not working properly.  I agree, I also wanted the SSL option, but as of right now, it doesn't work.  I also applied the firmware released 15-Mar-2012, but it didn't cause much of a change (although I don't experience any other issues).

Another maybe slightly interesting data point is that calls from VoicePulse would not connect properly or would be reported by voice announcement as being out of service, but using an alternate GV account (with an IPKall number to serve as the termination of the first call initiated from the Web page) seemed to work OK regardless.  But then again, I kind of figured that would work "better" because it's Google calling Google :-).

Marc

Quote from: AndrewH on March 15, 2012, 11:01:03 AM
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this problem after applying the new firmware update released today.
Same here.  Problem started maybe 3 or 4 days ago and happens to 5 out of 6 calls I receive.

In the same time frame, on out going calls to busy phone #s, I hear one standard ring before the busy signal.  This is quite annoying because the *05 doesn't work since it calls right back after detecting the normal ring.  This too was not corrected by the new firmware released yesterday (2690).

I'm putting a support ticket in now, as was suggested earlier in the thread.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

BruceW

Same here. Upgraded firmware this morning. 1.3.0 (Build: 2690)
Can't call out, "you hear one ring then dead air sometimes it just rings and rings". Inbound has to be picked up on cell phone,
Fwd into google voice. Everything has been fine for months.
Netgear router 3700 v1. Obi 110 has Static IP in the DMZ  AT&T DSL. Westell modem
in bridge mode. This all started around 3 days ago.
Deleted google voice and re-entered data no go. Tried Ron's
half duplex trick , did not work. Shut down router modem reboot no help.
NetTalk hooked up to line port works good. Tried it with Netalk powered off. no go.
Tried unchecking google chat in Google Voice per Michigan Telephone and then
rechecking that option no go.

richardcoop

I guess the message of this is that this problem depends on the firmware and not to upgrade unless you are having some problem. It should not to too difficult to get a copy of the firmware that worked for you from Obihai and reinstall it.

BruceW

My Obi110 was rebooted at 6:07pm by support team.
I put in a support ticket and it seems ok now !
Working again !  ;D  Thank you !

This was their email back to my support ticket.

"There was a parameter "UseSSL" enabled/checked in your OBi.
That parameter is not supposed to be modified from default setting.
We have fixed this, your calls should be ok now."

-Obihai Support Team

maybe this will help out someone else.
not sure what field "UseSSL" is under ?

RonR

Quote from: BruceW on March 16, 2012, 03:19:40 PM
not sure what field "UseSSL" is under ?

Voice Services -> ITSP Profile x -> RTP -> X_UseSSL