News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Web callback/call me feature via unit OBi unit interface or the OBi portal

Started by QBZappy, March 12, 2012, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

It seems if the OBi unit web page and/or the OBi portal was designed with this feature in mind it could be an interesting feature to have. It could be integrated within your own web site allowing calls to be made via the web. Since google voice is basically a call to GTalk, it would be possible to make calls from international locations to telephone numbers in North America. A sip client may not even be required as long as GTalk is used as a replacement if GV is used. Using the speed dials as placeholders for calling numbers could be considered. Since the OBi is capable of bridging both legs of the call, I think it could be possible.

At the moment, an admin and a user can log into the OBi unit using different passwords. A web page designed as a callback/call me could easily be implemented into the unit. Since no one seems to have figured out a way to look inside the OBi web server, it would be nice if OBihai provided some tools for this. I'm certain we could even entertain the idea of having a little contest to see who can come out with the best application.

While we are at it, with such a tool I suppose Caller id lookup could also be possible. Well, I haven't really thought through all the details. Can anyone with more experience in web design confirm if this would be easy or difficult task to accomplish.

Since they gave us the ability to personalize the Auto Attendant facilitating its use in an international setting, a similar idea of providing the means of personalizing the OBi web page would create the means of embedding the OBi behind the scenes in many applications.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.