News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ATT Uverse and Localphone.com

Started by xzy118, March 19, 2012, 01:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xzy118

I am using ATT Uverse DSL in the USA. My setup is an OBI 110 behind ATT Gateway (2WIRE modem).  I use google voice as SP1 and Localphone as SP2. This setup is fine for SP1 but not for SP2(Localphone). Each time when I tried to dial through SP2 (I dialed **21+areacode+phone number), I could hear the rings then went into silence. I though it might be a one way audio issue but don't how to solve it. Please help.

PS. I temporarily switched out Loacalphone with Callcentric just for the test.  The device registered with Callcentric with no issue.  However, when I dialed Callcentric test number **217771234567, I heard no ring at all but a message of "404?".

mykmayk

bump! same problem here with localphone setup on an obi110 connected to u-verse internet
əʞɪɯ mɪke

carl

Some of the 2wire U verse gateways are extremely VOIP hostile.
either 1. Put your Obi into DMZ on your gateway. That should solve the problem. If you are using Obi 202 i do not see much o a danger doing it.
or     2. Get a new router and put it into DMZ on the gateway. You can, just to be completely sure, disable just about anything on the gateway.  This way the router function of the gateway is disabled and it becomes justa power hogging pass through. you connect all your devices to the new router.