News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Broadvoice Service Lost After Firmware Update

Started by pracom, March 19, 2012, 10:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pracom

I updated my OBi110 device with the latest firmware this past weekend and immediately began experiencing problems with my Broadvoice service.  I can still dial out to any number, but can no longer receive calls.  I have gone through several iterations of deleting the service and reinstalling it using the online application (both SP1 and SP2) as well as removing the device entirely throught the OBiTalk web portal without re-establishing the dial-out capability.  My Google Voice line on SP1 continues to work normally.

Since I thought it was possible that there might be a problem with Broadvoice itself, I contacted technical support and they have opened a case to research it from their end.  Unfortunately, they don't provide any support for OBihai devices so I couldn't go much further with solving the problem. 

Also, there is a curious difference in what happens when I call the number depending on whether I call from a mobile phone or POTS.  If I call from a POTS line then I hear a normal ring tone, but there is no ringing on the Broadvoice phone line.  If I call from my mobile phone then I hear a recorded message to the effect that "the subscriber you have dialed is not available or has traveled outside of the coverage area".

Does anyone have an idea as to whether this problem could have been caused by a change in settings due to the firmware update, and how to possibly fix it, or is it indeed an issue with my Broadvoice SIP service?   ???