News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Record User prompt to simulate key 2 DTMF

Started by Azouz, August 22, 2012, 09:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azouz

I use my OBI202 mostly as a Bridge for making inexpensive international calls. But every time I have to press 2 to make a new call. I read somewhere in the forum that I can personalize and record my own prompts instead of the ones that come standard with OBI202.
So I did that, and for the prompt that ask to "press 2 to make a new call" I replaced it with DTMF Key 2 that I recorded using the headset.
When I call my obi202, I hear the personalized welcome message, I hear what it sounds like 2 DTMF sound but for some reason the OBI 202 doesn't read the tone correctly.
Am I doing something wrong here?

QBZappy

Azouz,

How did you set it up? You probably read something that I wrote. This was a concept which remains to be proven. I'd be interested in working with you to see if there is a way to make this work.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Azouz

QBZappy,
I replaced all prompts with custom ones, and for the the prompt that that says "Press 2 to make a new call# I replaced with %User3%.
%User3% is a recordedDTMF key 2 that I recorded using my headset from this source:
http://www.dialabc.com/i/cache/dtmfgen/wavpcm16.300/2.wav

Do you have any suggestion?

infin8loop

I tried adding the DTMF 1 tone at the end of a custom announcement on my Obi110 and it did not work. I suspect the voice packets from the Obi that your hear are not echoed back out in the voice packets going to the Obi (if that makes any sense). Thinking about it another way, if everything you said was echoed back into your ear it wouldn't be very pleasant. So, I doubt the Obi can "hear" the DTMF 1 tone that it's sending out as part of the custom announcement.  I recorded the custom announcement and DTMF 1 tone using the phone attached to the Obi110. I was using DTMF tone 1 to continue the current call in an attempt to answer calls to prevent GV voice mail from picking up. 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

QBZappy

infin8loop,

Hi, seems like you have taken a page out of the OBihai Customer Service Manual. Your posts are always welcome but they have been few and far between.  :D

All joking aside, thanks for giving it a try. You are more than likely correct in your analysis of the reason why the recorded "1" dial tone did not work. I can think of a couple of details that I would look into in order to be certain that this method is indeed not going to work.

If you want to avoid the GV VM see the following post. Follow point #2 "Record a short ring-back sound" as suggested in my post.

Re: Auto Attendant setup?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3527.msg23475#msg23475

Quote from: QBZappy on June 25, 2012, 08:09:23 PM
pikach,

Well the AA message can have a recording with anything you would like to say. The AA rings the phone port after repeating the message 3 times.

I can think of a few different ways you can play with people's minds to give them the impression that the OBi is answering the call as you intended. In all these tricks the caller will loose a few seconds of their life while waiting for the OBi to ring the phone port. Use your judgement to determine the length of the recordings if you go this route:

1) Try keeping the message short and be creative. Make it sound like the system is searching for you.
eg: Please wait while we locate pikach (that person)

2) Record a short ring-back sound. It will give the impression the phone is ringing while the AA cycles three times.

3) If you run a business, it might be a good opportunity to leave a short advert or message.

4) Record anything to kill a few seconds before the phone port can ring.  :)

A side note: AFAIK this feature has not been discussed.
Voice Services->Auto Attendant->Auto Attendant X->NumberOnNoInput = 0 (default)

This setting rings the phone port as it is specified in the AA OutboundCallRoute = {0:ph} <- relevant part of AA outbound call route which rings the phone.

We can also change this value to anything else other than "0". At first I got the idea that it could automatically press 1, 2 or 3 on no answer. However this is not the case. The value expects a telephone number or a speed dial number with optional routing ability and digit map rules. The OBi202 can be routed over 4 endpoints. All the other models can oly be routed (forked) to one endpoint. For details see the Admin guide.

1) You can have it dial one of the speed dial slots by replacing the "0" with a speed dial number.
2) replace default "0" with a specific number eg: **15145551212
3) Get creative and send the ph part of this {0:ph} to any destination you can think of. (SPX/li/OBi/OBiAPP)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.