News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Spoofing on Voice Gateways

Started by azrobert, April 16, 2011, 02:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

When bridging a call from the line port to SP2, I'm trying to pass the inbound CallerID  to sip.tropo.com.

When Tropo is defined on SP2 and using Line InboundCallRoute "{(4805551212):sp2(9990000000)}" and spoofing enabled, spoofing works and the Tropo app gets the correct CallerID.

When Tropo is defined on vg5 with an AccessNumber "sp2(sip.tropo.com)", a Line InboundCallRoute "{(4805551212):vg5(9990000000)}" and spoofing enabled on SP2, spoofing does NOT work and the Tropo app gets the value of VG5's AuthUserID as the CallerID.

Is spoofing available on the Voice Gateways?

I'm using firmware Build 2103.

RonR

azrobert,

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm running into a similar situation calling a PAP2 from VG5.

Did you ever come up with a work-around?

azrobert

RonR,

I never got an answer to my question and I did not come up with a solution.

RonR

Quote from: azrobert on May 19, 2011, 06:23:28 AM
RonR,

I never got an answer to my question and I did not come up with a solution.

I was afraid of that.   :(

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: azrobert on April 16, 2011, 02:15:56 PMWhen Tropo is defined on vg5 with an AccessNumber "sp2(sip.tropo.com)", a Line InboundCallRoute "{(4805551212):vg5(9990000000)}" and spoofing enabled on SP2, spoofing does NOT work and the Tropo app gets the value of VG5's AuthUserID as the CallerID.

I know this thread is almost a year old but just in case you are still looking for a solution...

I ran across this very situation last night except that I was trying to send the call to an Asterisk server and not Tropo.  You can see where I was going with that here:

How to divert incoming Google Voice calls from an Obihai VoIP device to an Asterisk server for additional processing (such as Caller ID lookup)

If you changed your Line InboundCallRoute to "{(4805551212):vg5(9990000000/$1)}" then perhaps you could modify your application script on Tropo to parse the sent DID, which will now be DID/CID.  I don't know if that would help you or not but at least you would be sending both pieces of data to Tropo and with a clever enough script it seems like you ought to be able to separate them there and assign each to the correct Tropo variable.  I suspect it might be a bit easier on Asterisk because you have more control (though the Tropo folks might dispute that) but still it might be doable.

Since you posted this so long ago, maybe it's water under the bridge now.  But this thread is still one of the top items returned when you search for "Voice Gateways".  I still wish there was much better documentation on the whole subject of VG's.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

hwittenb

A workaround for forwarding a call with caller id spoofing, that is forward the call showing the original incoming caller id, is to send the call out of the OBi as a sip uri call.  To do this you need to send it somewhere that accepts incoming sip uri calls and, of course, set X_SpoofCallerID to yes on the ITSP ProfileX-->Sip configuration.  You need to have one of the two ITSP Profile's configured for sip.  In the first step you can forward the call either to a voip account or by forwarding by direct ip calling to another ata.

At the voip account destination this is like a regular incoming call. If this is not the final call destination, you can then forward the call at the voip account level to the ultimate call destination and the call will show the original caller id.

For example, you can get a regular incoming DID at voip.ms for about $1/month, forward the call there by sip uri, and then forward the call to that DID by voip.ms to the ultimate cell phone or wherever.  You could also work something out using an iNum DID with voip.ms.

Callcentric will also accept incoming sip uri calls to a regular CallCentric or CallCentric iNum DID.

Another example is to get a (free) Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow for an account at Anveo.  Then setup an Anveo Call Flow for the incoming sip uri call to transfer the call to the ultimate destination.  Anveo lets you simultaneous ring up to four outgoing numbers with this technique.  Anveo CallFlow also has an option called VM Guard which prevents a mobile voicemail from taking a call if the cell phone is out of range or turned off.  This is a nice feature and doesn't involve the caller pressing some number to accept the call.

To forward the call I would setup the call forwarding in the InboundCallRoute.  For example you can setup the (PSTN) Line Port InboundCallRoute to simultaneously forward the call and also ring the phone attached to the OBi110.  I currently have this working on my OBi110 to forward incoming pstn line calls to my cell phone(s).