News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Differentiate Android, PC, and iOS softphones

Started by daluu, March 22, 2012, 11:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daluu

Just set up for OBi service. Interesting.

But I find it a bit awkward for the following:

* add device is only for OBi 100 /110. Android/iOS/PC apps are auto added on install of the app

* it appears that the Android/iOS/PC apps share same softphone device named "softphone" by default. If they don't actually share it, then they do initially when you don't have all 3 apps signed in at same time.

I suggest you differentiate each app installed on first connect.

So rather than having a "softphone" device that works for whichever app happens to be installed and connected (Android, iOS, PC, bear in mind a user could have all 3 but only use one at a time), display and map as separate softphone devices named respectively: Android softphone, iOS softphone (or whatever you want to call it), PC softphone, etc.

RevKev

You can name the softphone device anything you want and you can create additional softphones by creating additional accounts (and then add them to your circle of trust). It doesn't matter what device or software connects to the softphone just as it doesn't matter what device or software connects to a SIP provider or Google Voice.

I would like to see the ability to add additional softphones to the same account.