News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

*98 doesn't work

Started by hanshen, March 23, 2012, 08:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanshen

My FPL is using *98 to check voice message. However *98 in OBi110 is 'blind transfer". when press *98 from my phone, heard long tone.

how 'blind transfer' works?

RonR

If you wish to check FPL voicemail AND retain OBi Blind Transfer capability, it will be necessary to map check FPL voicemail to something else, say *88.  Assuming FPL is configured on SP2/ITSP Profile B:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (<*88:cfv>|<cfv:*98>|...)

To use Blind Transfer, press the FLASH button while on a call.  When you hear a new dialtone, dial *98 and wait for a prompt tone.  Then dial the number you wish the call to be transferred to, followed by a #.  When you hear the confirmation tone, hang up.

hanshen

Cool. It works. Just a little correction: (<*88:cfv>|<cfv:*98>|...)

RonR

Quote from: hanshen on March 23, 2012, 10:26:47 AM
Cool. It works. Just a little correction: (<*88:cfv>|<cfv:*98>|...)

Ooops!  I originally presented an approach that had limitations, and in enhancing it, I failed to move the * inside.  Thanks for pointing that out.

hanshen

Hi, RonR,

There is new issue. My phone set (Uniden) voicemail indicator no long working even there are voice messages in my FPL message box. FPL is my primary call out line.

Can you please help me where to set 'sync' OBi110 message waiting alert with phone set?

RonR

Do you have the following set on the FPL SPx?:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

hanshen

Yes, did that and reboot. Still no working.

RonR

Quote from: hanshen on March 26, 2012, 02:12:27 PM
Yes, did that and reboot. Still no working.

Are you sure FPL suports MWI?  I didn't see anything about it in a quick look at their web site.

RonR

You may also need to set:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> SIP -> X_MWISubscribe : (checked)

hanshen

When I called my phone and left message, it took long time (over half an hour), I saw the WMI flash on the phone set.  After I checked the message and clean it out, it was still flashing and never off.

No sure the problem is Uniden, FPL or OBi110.

hanshen

After a few testing, I am sure the issue with OBi settings.

RonR,

Can you please verify this I am finding that might be conflict issue.

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

I've checked the manual that MessageWaiting is actul state instead of configure parameter.  Is that meaning:

MessageWaiting state is 'checked': there are messages waiting;
MessageWaiting state is 'unchecked': there are not messages waiting;

and previous digitMap save issue, the following Auto Provisioning has to be disabled:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Can you please confirm if they are conflict?

And futher, there is parameter, MWISubscriber_Expire default set 3600 (sec) i.e. 1 hour.  Is that caused the MWI delay an hour "on" or "off"?

RonR

Quote from: hanshen on March 29, 2012, 07:45:48 AM

I've checked the manual that MessageWaiting is actul state instead of configure parameter.  Is that meaning:

MessageWaiting state is 'checked': there are messages waiting;
MessageWaiting state is 'unchecked': there are not messages waiting;

Yes (at least that's what the OBi thinks).

and previous digitMap save issue, the following Auto Provisioning has to be disabled:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Can you please confirm if they are conflict?

In order to configure the OBi directly, you MUST set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

In order to configure the OBi through the  OBiTALK Web Portal, you MUST NOT disable them.

You MUST use one method of configuration or the other, NOT both.

And futher, there is parameter, MWISubscriber_Expire default set 3600 (sec) i.e. 1 hour.  Is that caused the MWI delay an hour "on" or "off"?

I believe an MWI Subscription is like a SIP Registration.  It's in effect for a period of time and must be renewed at or before it expires in order to keep the Subscription in effect.  While the Subscription is in effect, the SIP server will send NOTIFY messages to the SIP client informing it of any changes in status.

hanshen

Hi, RonR,

What I want to know are

1. If MessageWaiting state (checked or unchecked) was not changed while new message coming or message cleaned, is due to
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

2. There are actually MWI on when new message coming or MWI off when message cleaned, took long time (about an hour), If it's related to
MWISubscriber_Expire default set 3600 (sec) i.e. 1 hour.

RonR

Quote from: hanshen on March 29, 2012, 11:01:01 AM
1. If MessageWaiting state (checked or unchecked) was not changed while new message coming or message cleaned, is due to

Setting:

has only one effect on an OBi : It prevents the OBiTALK Web Portal from updating configuration settings in that OBi.  It does not affect the operation of the OBi in any way.

Quote from: hanshen on March 29, 2012, 11:01:01 AM
2. There are actually MWI on when new message coming or MWI off when message cleaned, took long time (about an hour), If it's related to
MWISubscriber_Expire default set 3600 (sec) i.e. 1 hour.

The X_MWISubscribeExpires setting should not affect the time it takes for MWI changes to occur.  If the OBi is currently subscribed to MWI notifications, the SIP server should send NOTIFY messages whenever MWI status changes.  You would need to ask the service provider if those NOTIFY messages are sent instantly or incur some delay.

hanshen

So now, My testing results are:

1. When new message waiting, Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting :state  is checked, however MWI on phone set took long time (an hour) to start flash;

2. After clean message waiting, Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting : state is unchecked, however MWI on phone set took long time (an hour) to be off;

MWI is actually working, what was wrong it took so long to reach MWI on phone??