News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110 - STOPPED WORKING

Started by yamric, March 23, 2012, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamric

So my OBI 110 has been working fine for the past 8 months.

1>   I changed my Google account to use 2 part authentication. 
2>   I inputted the authentication code from the web site. But I still was getting there is no service available.
3>   I decided to reset my OBI 110 and configure it with my wife's Google account that uses normal password authentication.   
4>   I went into the OBIHAI web page interface from the IP address and rest the configuration to reset my device back to factory defaults.
5>   I then logged into the OBITALK site and removed the device.
6>   But now I am unable to add the device back in. It sends the number to the server. Then times out and asks me to dial **9 222-222-222 when I try that it tells me that there is no service available.
7>   While poking around I noticed that OBI has issues with OpenDNS, which I have been using since my original setup and even using the encrypted tunnel. While troubleshooting I have changed my DNS records to point to 4.422.2 & 8.8.8.8
8>   I am able to log into my switch and see the OBI on the port that it is connected to. So the cabling appears to be good.
9>   OBI box is showing green lights on all the links that are connected.

I did apply the new firmware update while I was in there poking around.

Does any one have any ideas on what to try next? My wife relies on this to chat with her mother in New Zealand.

MichiganTelephone

Did you remove the power cord from the OBi110, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in?

When you dial * * * 1 from a phone connected to the device, does it give you an IP address and can you browse to that IP address and log into the device (remember that if you did a factory reset it will have reset the password back to the default).  Did it say that DHCP is enabled?

If those all seem good it MAY be a temporary server issue.  I'd send an e-mail to support@obihai.com and give them your OBiTALK number and see what they say.  If it says that DHCP is disabled (which it should not be if you did a factory reset) or if it gives you an IP address that's not in a vaild range for your network, then you may have some other issue having to do with network connectivity.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Stewart

Quote from: yamric on March 23, 2012, 09:52:04 AMMy wife relies on this to chat with her mother in New Zealand.
MichiganTelephone gave good advice for troubleshooting the OBi.

If you have a landline or mobile that can call your GV number for free, you can press 2 at the main menu prompt and place a GV call to New Zealand, without involving the OBi.

You might also consider a service such as Localphone.  Rates to New Zealand are lower than Google's; once set up you dial a local number and it will ring your mother-in-law directly, without entering a PIN or destination number.  You get a few minutes free trial at signup.

When you get the OBi working again, you might also look at Anveo (IMO, best quality) or Betamax (cheapest, you may find them adequate) http://backsla.sh/betamax .

yamric

Yes I did try the above mention sets with the power cycling and I am able to get into the device via IP Address am going to email TS.