News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using obi with betamax

Started by turuncu, March 24, 2012, 06:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turuncu

I am trying to setup new Obi device.

I would like to set it up so all local calls go through Google voice on SP1
911 goes through the land line (I think by default it is set up like that)
and all my international goes through betamax (when I dial 011xx it converts it to 00xx)

RonR helped with a previous setup and I though I would be ok on this one but it is not working out.

Here is my setup

Physical Iterfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Iterfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**3>011xx.)

Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway3

Enable Yes
Name Poivy
Access number 77.72.169.131  When I tried SP2(SIP_Server_Proxy) I was getting a message from obi stating the account was not valid  I don't understand the SP2
DigitMap : (<011:00>xx.|00xx.)
AuthUserID : My sip username
AuthPassword : My sip Password

With these settings I am getting a busy signal when I dial 011xxxx and the call log shows the following

Call 1   03/24/2012    20:37:37   
Terminal ID   PHONE1   OBiTALK1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   **3011902325648484   _g377.72.169.131*00902325648484
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
20:37:37   New Call   

I am pretty sure that I have the correct login info for poivy.  Is there a log file where it shows if it successfully logged on to the accounts.

Thanks for all the help

T

RonR

Quote from: turuncu on March 24, 2012, 06:11:39 PM
Access number 77.72.169.131

The VG3 AccessNumber should be : SPx(sip.poivy.com)

SPx (SP1 or SP2) must be configured for SIP.

turuncu

Quote from: RonR on March 24, 2012, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: turuncu on March 24, 2012, 06:11:39 PM
Access number 77.72.169.131

The VG3 AccessNumber should be : SPx(sip.poivy.com)

SPx (SP1 or SP2) must be configured for SIP.

I though SP1 was google voice do I need to configure an additional SP on SP2?

I have tried SPx(sip.poivy.com), Sp1(sip.poivy.com) and SP2(sip.poivy.com) and all I get was obi announcment that says "there is no service available to complete your call" Thanks

RonR

To use a Voice Gateway with a SIP provider, either SP1 or SP2 will have to be configured as SIP.  Google Voice is not a SIP provider.

In an earlier post, you said you had Callcentric on SP2.  If that's the case, the VG3 AccessNumber should be : SP2(sip.poivy.com)

What does the OBi Call History show for the failed call?

turuncu

Quote from: RonR on March 25, 2012, 06:02:43 AM
To use a Voice Gateway with a SIP provider, either SP1 or SP2 will have to be configured as SIP.  Google Voice is not a SIP provider.

In an earlier post, you said you had Callcentric on SP2.  If that's the case, the VG3 AccessNumber should be : SP2(sip.poivy.com)

What does the OBi Call History show for the failed call?

Yes I have set up another obi for my sister.  She did not have a land line so for her I had to get callcentric as SP2. 

Now I have configured one for myself but I do have a basic landline so I did not bother to configure callcentric.

After your suggestion I have setup a callcentric account and everything worked like a charm.   Do you know if callcentric will cancel my account if I don't make any calls from it.  I saw this was the case with callwithus.  Or do you have any other suggestions for sip providers.

Thanks for all your help
T

RonR

You don't need an actual SIP provider, you simply need one of the SPx channels to be configured for SIP.  If SP2 is not being used, you can configure it for SIP without a provider using:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (put anything here)

turuncu

OK thanks,

Then I have one last question.  Some of the settings have ! next to the settings.  I saw that I needed to sync some settings between the device and the website.  Any idea how to do that?

RonR

If you wish to use the OBiTALK Web Portal to configure your OBi, please see this post for instructions:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

If you've become familiar with the settings in the OBi, it's much quicker and simpler to configure it directly.

jimates

Quote from: RonR on March 25, 2012, 10:40:41 AM
If you wish to use the OBiTALK Web Portal to configure your OBi, please see this post for instructions:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

If you've become familiar with the settings in the OBi, it's much quicker and simpler to configure it directly.

Even though all settings are the same you won't give detailed help to someone just because they choose to use the portal, which you don't like. You just point them to a post, which (for newbies) is more intimidating than helpful, because it was posted by Obiahi and not one of us.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on March 25, 2012, 11:08:52 AM
Even though all settings are the same you won't give detailed help to someone just because they choose to use the portal, which you don't like.

The only reason I dislike the OBiTALK Web Portal is that it's the harder way to accomplish most tasks.

If all you want to do is get an OBi working as fast as possible with a Google Voice account and you don't care about anything else, then the OBiTALK Web Portal is useful.  But once you've decided to venture out even slightly and changes are necessary that require the OBi Expert Configuration, configuring the OBi directly is much quicker and far simpler.  Why would I want to devote time to giving detailed instructions on how to do something the harder way?

You just point them to a post, which (for newbies) is more intimidating than helpful, because it was posted by Obiahi and not one of us.

I rest my case.

If the OBiTALK Web Portal's OBi Expert Configuration is the simpler and faster approach, why do so many people struggle trying to understand it and end up with a botched configuration?  Why wasn't Obihai able to explain it in a fashion that most users could figure out?  Why are these same users able to successfully accomplish the task almost immediately when they abandon the OBiTALK Web Portal and configure the OBi directly?

I don't understand the passion to do something the harder way.  I really don't care which method people use.  I simply post the configuration values that need to go into the OBi.  Whether you place them there directly, or indirectly through the OBiTALK Web Portal, is of no concern to me.  I simply don't intend to give instruction on how to do it the harder way.

turuncu

Quote from: RonR on March 25, 2012, 01:09:42 PM
Even though all settings are the same you won't give detailed help to someone just because they choose to use the portal, which you don't like.

The only reason I dislike the OBiTALK Web Portal is that it's the harder way to accomplish most tasks.

If all you want to do is get an OBi working as fast as possible with a Google Voice account and you don't care about anything else, then the OBiTALK Web Portal is useful.  But once you've decided to venture out even slightly and changes are necessary that require the OBi Expert Configuration, configuring the OBi directly is much quicker and far simpler.  Why would I want to devote time to giving detailed instructions on how to do something the harder way?

You just point them to a post, which (for newbies) is more intimidating than helpful, because it was posted by Obiahi and not one of us.

I rest my case.

If the OBiTALK Web Portal's OBi Expert Configuration is the simpler and faster approach, why do so many people struggle trying to understand it and end up with a botched configuration?  Why wasn't Obihai able to explain it in a fashion that most users could figure out?  Why are these same users able to successfully accomplish the task almost immediately when they abandon the OBiTALK Web Portal and configure the OBi directly?

I don't understand the passion to do something the harder way.  I really don't care which method people use.  I simply post the configuration values that need to go into the OBi.  Whether you place them there directly, or indirectly through the OBiTALK Web Portal, is of no concern to me.  I simply don't intend to give instruction on how to do it the harder way.

Ohh I did not know that I could configure it directly I was using the expermode.  Obviously now I prefer your way since it is in the network and much faster It looks like at some point it was able to sync with the web interface since I see the same settings on here.

I am not sure why jmates is so upset.  I don't care one way or another on how to cofigure as long as I get help.  All your instructions were very clear, your responses were fast and thoughtful.  So once again thanks for the help.