News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Online Un-managed?

Started by Copper, March 25, 2012, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Copper

Hello!  I ported my home telephone (from fiber optic company) to GV as the main number.  I have my cell number (different number) as the forwarding call phone.  The cable company's new number is in the POTS line of OBi just in case if I need to force a call to ring at home from my cell.

My intent was to get OBi110 to ring phones in the house, regardless of whether someone called the cell phone or GV - the "home phone".  Caller ID (peer names are blank but number comes through) doesn't work - but that's on the back burner for now.  I believe I fixed the VM Indicator/warble issue.

Somewhere by resetting and rebooting so much the Obi dashboard now reads 'online-unmanaged'.  It's embarrassing because it was all working beautifully.  I attached the picture.  Thanks for reading and being patient with me, Copper

jimates

I had one of my Obi's show as "online unmanaged" once. I had to delete it from the account and add it back in before I could get that status to change.

Caller ID name is not provided by google voice.

In order to get the home phone to ring when someone calls your cell will require the cell calls to be forwarded either to google voice or the cable phone number that is configured on the Obi.

Copper

Thank you jimates - The "online unmanaged" resolved itself overnight, no newbie irreparable harm thank goodness.