News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with OBi312

Started by Ligation, February 27, 2024, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ligation

Hello.
I have configured my OBi312 successfully & can send/receive calls through my RingCentral SIP account.  When I connect a phone to the phone port I can make and receive calls with bi-directional traffic sounding fine.  I now want to connect the device to my Valcom 1109RTVA overhead page controller.  I have plugged in the controller to the line port on the OBi, but it never picks up when called.  It shows TipRingVoltage at 23V but it never picks up.  The previous ATA I had was able to work properly, so I know it did work ~2 months ago.  Does anybody have any ideas?

drgeoff

I don't know anything about the Valcom unit except when I have read just now in the document https://www.valcom.com/data/api/media/files/v-1109rtva.pdf.  It seems the unit is intended for use with 24 Volt phone systems.  The OBi312 is intended for use with 48 Volt systems.

I don't have an OBi312 but I do have an OBi110 which I expect has similar settings for its LINE port.  There is the setting "LineInUseVoltageThreshold" which has a default value of 25 Volts.  The description of that setting is "Voltage below which to detect a parallel device off-hook when LINE port hardware is in the On-Hook state."  Try changing that to a lower number such as 12.

A second issue is that Table 2 of the document indicates that the Valcom can use standard 10 pulse per second loop disconnect dialling.  It also states "Tone Signals: Industry Standard".  Not clear if that means DTMF tones (Touch Tone) for dialling into the Valcom or tones from the Valcom such as dial tone etc.  An OBi110 cannot pulse dial, only DTMF and I expect an OBi212 or 312 is the same.