News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google - I accidently deleted the Chat "phone"

Started by NewObiUser, March 28, 2012, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewObiUser

Help please.  New user.  First, I used my gmail instead of my primary google email account.  Then in the act of fixing/fiddling, I accidentally deleted the gmail chat from the phone list in my google voice account.

Anyone know how I can re-ad that phone/function?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

RonR

Quote from: NewObiUser on March 28, 2012, 08:29:18 PM
Help please.  New user.  First, I used my gmail instead of my primary google email account.  Then in the act of fixing/fiddling, I accidentally deleted the gmail chat from the phone list in my google voice account.

Anyone know how I can re-ad that phone/function?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

You should be able to recreate the Google Chat forwarding phone the same way you created it in the first place : Simply make a call from your Gmail web page.

NewObiUser

I seem to have a variety of gmail addresses and never sure how to properly or definitively put them together.  So "the first time" that button/checkbox was already there.  Couldn't get back to it.

My workaround is that I now have another gmail address - which I'll probably never use for anything but this obihai connection.  Waiting now to see if the backing off switches over to connected. 

But at a minimum, the option to click that chat function reappeared. 

Thank you for your help again.

NewObiUser

Update. 

For what it's worth, I'm up and running.  To me this is less an Obi issue than a Google issue.  What a tangled web of accounts management they have - very unhelpful and unfriendly if make a mistake or two the workarounds become workarounds.

Oh well - at least we're making and receiving calls now.