News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reduce dial time on PHONE port with SIP provider

Started by gmichels, March 29, 2012, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmichels

Hi all,

I've seen a bunch of people asking for a reduction on the dial time however all of them are using a standard PSTN company over the LINE port. I need to reduce the dial time using a SIP provider over the PHONE port.

My OBi110 has Google Voice as SP1 (don't use it very much) and my company's PBX/SIP server as SP2 (default dial out). Everything works, I can make and receive calls, however everytime I place a call over the PHONE port using the SP2 service, it takes about 11-12 seconds before my extension is actually "off the hook" and the actual dialing is made on the PBX. I have access to the administration panel of my company's PBX server and I can see the exact moment the PBX detects the extension is off the hook, that's why I'm certain of those 11-12 seconds.

Using a softphone on my computer or phone makes the extension off the hook immediately I press the call button, so no delays while using the softphone.

Any tips on reducing this 10+ seconds delay while dialing out to a SIP provider using OBi110?

Thanks!

RonR

Are you dialing normal 7-, 10-, and 11-digit numbers through SP2?  If not, please describe the calling patterns.

What is the contents of?:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap

gmichels

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 03:59:00 PM
Are you dialing normal 7-, 10-, and 11-digit numbers through SP2?  If not, please describe the calling patterns.

What is the contents of?:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap

I usually dial other extensions, which are always 3 or 4 digits (like 2xx and 3xx). When I need to dial anything else (in my country - Brazil) the pattern is 0xxxxxxxx (0 to get the external line and 8 digits for local phone numbers) or 00xxxxxxxxxx (0 to get the external line, another 0 to denote it's a long distance call, 2 digits for area code and 8 digits for phone number).

DigitMap on SP2 is the default: (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Thanks

RonR

The default DigitMap isn't optimal for US/Canada dialing and is abysmal for your SP2 needs.

The following DigitMap supports 3- or 4-digit numbers, 0 + 8 digits, and 00 +  10 digits:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap : (xxx|xxxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxxxxxx)

gmichels

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 04:36:28 PM
The default DigitMap isn't optimal for US/Canada dialing and is abysmal for your SP2 needs.

The following DigitMap supports 3- or 4-digit numbers, 0 + 8 digits, and 00 +  10 digits:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap : (xxxx.|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxxxxxx)

Thanks for your reply, I changed the DigitMap to your suggestion however nothing changed at all, I still get the same 11-12 seconds delay before the extension is detected as "off the hook" by the PBX.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

RonR

If you're configuring the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite your changes with its settings.

gmichels

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 04:59:23 PM
If you're configuring the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite your changes with its settings.

I did the change using the Web Portal... looking at both the portal and the device, I think the new DigitMap is in effect.

Here are two screenshots, one from the portal, the other from the device's admin page.

Thanks

RonR

Is the delay eliminated by dialing # at the end of the number?

Everton

You do have this in your digimap:  00xxxxxxxxxxxx when it should be 00xxxxxxxxxx!!!

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 05:09:20 PM

gmichels

Quote from: Everton on March 29, 2012, 05:22:54 PM

You do have this in your digimap:  00xxxxxxxxxxxx when it should be 00xxxxxxxxxx!!!

Yes, I know, when I wrote the pattern above I forgot 2 digits for selecting the long distance provider I want, so when I actually changed the DigitMap I added the extra 2 x.

Yes, adding the # at the end makes the PBX to immediately detect the the phone as off the hook and the call is placed very quickly.

Thanks

RonR

Please post the contents of:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap

and

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine.

gmichels

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 05:33:36 PM
Please post the contents of:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap

PHONE port

DigitMap: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

CallReturnDigitMaps: {pli:(xx.)},{sp1:(<**1>xx.)},{sp2:(<**2>xx.)},{li:(<**8>xx.)},{pp:(<**9>xx.)}

Primary Line is set to SP2 Service.

edit: I'd like to add I don't have anything on the LINE port, if it would make any difference.

Thanks

RonR

I made a mistake.  What you want is:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap : (xxx|xxxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxxxxxxxx)

klingon

If you're in the US/Canada, do this :

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile (A/B whichever is SIP) -> General -> DigitMap :
([2-79]11S0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|[x*][x*].|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

This will send all 10 digit and 11 digit to dial out immediately with the S0.  The [x*][x*]. will take care of the balance like feature codes which begin with *, 011 etc.  This unfortunately will still take 10-12 secs to dial unless you can determine the number of digits for each country you want to dial out, then append it with S0.  Make sure you have the right digitmap order as the unit will dial out as soon as the correct number of digits are matched, so start from longest to shortest.  [2-79]11S0 is optional if you're not sending 911/411 via your SIP provider.

RonR

klingon

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 05:56:03 PM
Quote from: klingon on March 29, 2012, 05:55:25 PM
If you're in the US/Canada, do this :

He's in Brazil.

Oops.  Either way, its along the same lines to send calls out immediately, append with S0.

RonR

Quote from: klingon on March 29, 2012, 05:58:49 PM
Oops.  Either way, its along the same lines to send calls out immediately, append with S0.

I don't believe an S0 could be used anywhere in this case with any benefit.

gmichels

I'm sorry for the delay, the wife received a phone call and you all know for how long women can talk...

Anyway, back to the topic:

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2012, 05:55:17 PM
I made a mistake.  What you want is:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap : (xxx|xxxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxxxxxxxx)
This DigitMap did the trick, as soon as the phone finished dialing I got the off the hook notice on the PBX.

edit: forgot to add, the delay dropped from 11-12 seconds to 3-4 seconds before I get the ringing tone. That's good enough for me.

klingon, thanks for your suggestion but as I already got it working I'm not going to try anythong else.

RonR, thanks a lot for your help, everything's perfect now.

RonR

There should be a 2-second delay on 3-digit numbers, waiting to see if you dial a 4th.

4-digit numbers and ones beginning with 0 should have no delay.

Terminating the number with # will always eliminate any delay.

If 3- and 4-digit numbers never start with 0, you could further enhance it:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profle B -> General -> DigitMap : ([1-9]xx|[1-9]xxx|0xxxxxxxx|00xxxxxxxxxxxx)